• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

Read about this in the Eugene newspaper today, then saw this article on a local news site:EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - A Eugene bow and archery equipment maker was temporarily shuttered this week. This, after investigators uncovered numerous fire and building violations there. Violations at BowTechs included having far too much paint, solvents and other flammable liquids stored indoors. The company quickly fixed the most serious violations and was allowed to resume most operations. BowTech, founded in 1999, is the largest bow-making company in the world. The firm was acquired last year by Savage Sports Corporation, a Massachusetts-based rifle maker. Late last year, the company reported having 365 employees.The newspaper article said city regulations limit indoor storage of flammable liquids to about 350 gallons or so. According to the article, BowTech had over 2,000 gallons stored indoors. There had been an ongoing feud between BowTech and the City of Eugene last year over some building permits. BowTech thumbed their nose at the city and proceeded with expanding their indoor range. I'm willing to bet this temporary shutdown might have been a little bit of political retaliation...

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

It sure does sound that way.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Do you think.The city Govermint here are realy bad abought that type of stuff. Glad they are still going I might need to buy one of thier cccccomponds one of these days .

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

The city may have been giggling but, it sounds like BowTech/Savage was in viloation. 2000 gallons of paint?? That was probably the Fire Marshall. Usually the ones that inspected the activities I was associated with were OK guys, until you started ignoring them.

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

Do you think.The city Govermint here are realy bad abought that type of stuff. Glad they are still going I might need to buy one of thier cccccomponds one of these days .

They make one of the best crossbows in the world as far as I'm concerned!

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

They make one of the best crossbows in the world as far as I'm concerned!

The Stryker is VERY nice and VERY expensive. BowTech doesn't bother keeping one on display in their proshop because they don't sell very many of them up here (it's illegal to hunt with a crossbow in Oregon). Sportsmans Warehouse released a DVD with some guys harvesting Russian boars with the Strykers. It was pretty badass...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users