5 replies to this topic

#1 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

We have a little BBQ Joint here in Corona called ďChewyísĒ. They have pretty good Tri-Tip Sandwiches, the beer on tap is ice cold and they always have the Angel game on the big screens.Anyhoo, the owner is a pretty cool guy & gave me a bottle of the rub they use and this stuff is out of this world.Itís called Willinghamís Rubín BBQ Spice (Original Mild). They also make some hot stuff that I canít wait to try. I cooked up 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs tonight and the neighborhood kids woofed it down in no time. I donít have a lot of experience w/ Qíing Rubís but so far, this is without a doubt, the best rub I have tried.I don't even know if this Rub is popular on the west coast but it wins awards every year in the mid west states. Anyone try this stuff? Whatís youíre "go to" Rub? Also, if you use rubs on Waterfowl post up what you use because Iím going to mix it up in the kitchen this season on the quackers.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,297 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

You should try making your own rubs. I make several from mixes of commercially available and my own additional ingredients. Then I test them on family members and friends at different holiday events. I've tried a few specialty rubs and they can be ok to good. I just like to try and make them better and customize them for the type of meat.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

My wife bought me a Treager for my birthday and I made a small batch of ribs using their recipe. The ribs came out nice but I'm not crazy about the flavor I got with the Treager rub. I'd like to try out something else.
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#4 barndoor

barndoor

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

my pork rub is easy and good. I only use it for smoking. I use it when I smoke baby backs, pork spare ribs, and pork shoulders. I have used it on beef back ribs and brisket and it turned out good too.2 parts paprika1 part brown sugar1 part garlic powder1 part onion powder1 part pepper (black or white)cayenne to taste Mix in a bowel and rub on meat. Let sit for 24 hrs in the fridge.For steaks I like that monterey seasoning

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

TopSecret!!! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#6 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

I know you just didn't write to mix it in a "bowel". Please tell me you didn't mean that. Now that's funny right there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users