• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

So the other day I was bord and needed a project to work on. So I decided I would transform my Henry Survial Rifle (AR-7) into something a little different. After ordering a bull barrel and shroud, I also ordered a pistol grip / butt stock set up for it. Upon receiving the butt stock which I didn't care for I decided to put a stock A2 buttstock I had laying around on it. Only one problem I had to have a piece fabricated to accept the A2 stock. I ordered a castle nut and stopped by one of my local metal working / welding shops to have a little fabrication and welding done. A few hours later and I had my part. Took it home gave it a coat of black spray paint and fitted it on the receiver of the rifle. Topped the rifle off with a Tasco 22 scope and project is done. Now this is not a nail driver by any means but it sure is a lot of fun. Total cost just around $480.00 including the cost of the Henry Survial Rifle.Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 Full Clip

Full Clip

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

That's a sweet-looking little shooter.
Also stuck in So Cal. Hit me up!

#3 Guest_socal_jaeger_*

Guest_socal_jaeger_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

SWEEET! I want one!

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

That's pretty slick!

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Bronco you rascal. ;) Dang buddy, that looks really trick. It's hard to believe that rifle is an AR-7. Now when I look at my old AR-7, it looks totally anemic. Why don’t you come to my house and get bored over here. I’ll even supply the tools…..LOL ;)
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

CA Desert Dog: No problem, what part of Southern are you in? Never know when ya get the traveling bug. First I've got to convince the wife it's a business trip. ;) LOL FYI I couldn't fabricate a stick leave alone gun parts. But I do have the ability to see what I want / need to make something work. ;) Wait a darn minute, aren't you up to your elbows in a camo project?
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users