6 replies to this topic

#1 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

I just purchased a new Glock 21C today and was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with one? I'm interested to know how well the compensator reduces muzzle lift for the 45ACP. Anyone fired or own one? I will post photos on the 30th.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

I have heard great things about them as far as a range gun is concerned. But I wouldn't want it as my primary home defense weapon. The ports on the gun will blast flame in front of your eyes causing loss of night vision. But a well place 45 ACP will drop just about anything.

#3 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

I have read simmilar reports of the ports flashing & causing temp blind spots at night :lol: , but while doing research on the weapon I also stumbled apon a lot of LE chat that had statements of no loss of vision while night firing and many recomendations for use as a primary service weapon :lol: . I am so anxtious to find out and while waiting for the next 10 days to recieve my gun I'm hoping to get some good feedback here. :lol:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#4 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

I have not seen a problem with the night vision, with modern ammo. Close quarters shooting may be a bit of a problem as the muzzle is nearer the belt, below the face. All of my experience with ported guns is with the use of proper eyes and ears.

#5 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

Here she is......I love Glocks!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 harry carey

harry carey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

WARNING: if you carry factory ammo... taper crimp all ammo that goes in this gun for practice but especially for carry. most factory ammo is not crimped, remanufactured ammo is, glock 21 s are famous for blowing up. reason is on the perilous journey from mag. to oversized chamber the bullet pushes in too far and pressure increases dramatically ( see HP WHITE LAB studies) in one week glock had 5 blow ups with Am. eagle ammo . a fellow i know , with glock at the time asked me about this since i worked in a range. a local police dept. had blown up two a month before and i told him"talk manufactures into crimping ammo" " quit blaming ammo companies its the gun thats a problem but crimping will solve the problem!!!" this guy has never handloaded a single rd. and knows nothing about ammo . for what it is worth, i do not own a glock and will not shoot one. when i carry a auto it is a 1911 and if it has factory ammo in it it has been crimped by me .

#7 grunt

grunt

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

I have fired close to 1000 RNDS of factory ammo through this weapon without issue. Glocks are great weapons IMHO. :hellohello9il:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users