17 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

Can they be mailed into CA? And if so who is a good supplier with them in stock? I need 2.

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Are you serious? Thats the last thing I would want to advertise on the net. Importing hi cap magazines to CA is a Felony. Unless your a LEO then things are different. If your a LEO I know Gun Runners in Duarte will sell them to you according to applicable laws. Building a hi cap mag is also a felony. In case you are unsure a hi cap mag is a magazine that holds more then 10 rounds. If I were you I would remove this posting to not attract unwanted attention.

#3 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

Can they be mailed into CA? And if so who is a good supplier with them in stock? I need 2.

Everybody outside of California has a HUGE supply of mags, but they cannot be shipped into CA except to Law Enforcement officers(who can get ANY high-cap mag), or to dealers with a permit for the evil high-cap mags. High-cap mags cannot be sold, traded or given to anyone except the above categories. The only exception I am aware of is the rebuilding of a damaged magazine. Rebuild, NOT replace. The old high-cap magazine bodies must be destroyed.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I knew the 30's were off limit but didn't know for certain about the 20's and thought I would ask. They're for my AR's in MO so I guess I will just pick them up when I get back there in October.

#5 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

Yeah thats the ticket. Get them in MO and keep them there. Have fun counting past 10 out there! :roflmao3[1]: Stupid California laws. :(

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

If I were you I would remove this posting to not attract unwanted attention.

Why? I was unsure about the legality of it and asked. Now I know the 20's are banned along with the 30's so I won't even bother looking for some. I didn't say "I want to buy illegal 20 round mags, F the law. Do you know who will send them to me despite our stupid laws?"

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:49 AM

Have fun counting past 10 out there!

I'm from MO, counting past 10 is difficult for us. We have to take off our shoes and socks to get it done. And in the dead of winter when there's snow on the ground .... well you can imagine how that might suck.But I will, I elected to just leave my AR's back there and not have to deal with the CA insanity. Once I am back there in October I am going to remove the Bullet Button on my Stag lower and pick up some 20 round mags for coyote hunting.

#8 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

Why? I was unsure about the legality of it and asked. Now I know the 20's are banned along with the 30's so I won't even bother looking for some. I didn't say "I want to buy illegal 20 round mags, F the law. Do you know who will send them to me despite our stupid laws?"

I over reacted some. :roflmao3[1]: :( I don't want to see a fellow CPCer getting into trouble for something stupid.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:53 AM

I over reacted some.

No worries, you had me worried for a minute!

#10 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Heath just have your wife get you a few they toss them around like junk 23 and 30s
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

#11 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

Heath just have your wife get you a few they toss them around like junk 23 and 30s

I have some 30's back in MO, but I don't like to use them. They stick down way too far for my liking. The 20's give you something to grab ahold of but don't stick out near as far. I will just order them through Midway USA a week before I go back to Missouri and have them delivered there at my folks house.

#12 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

If I understand the law correctly...it is only illegal to buy mags over 10. It is not illegal to use or transport higher cap mags if you owned them prior to the ban. If you check your uncle's place in Nevada you might find some mags there that you bought way back before the ban. As a matter of fact, on the Nevada side of south lake tahoe there's a box I used to store my mags in at an old gunshop....
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#13 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

Almost impossible to enforce.....but... it is illegal to bring/ship high cap mags into Ca. even if you owned/bought them in another state. If you owned them pre-ban in Ca. it is ok to own/use. That is why businesses will not ship them here.

#14 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

...it is ok to own/use.

Except they cannot be used in an off-list "assault rifle" that has a non-detachable magazine.

#15 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

Aren't these CA laws a hoot?

#16 Guest_socal_jaeger_*

Guest_socal_jaeger_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

Except they cannot be used in an off-list "assault rifle" that has a non-detachable magazine.

I'm looking into getting the grips that arent pistol grips, so i can detach the mag.

#17 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

I'm looking into getting the grips that arent pistol grips, so i can detach the mag.

Good idea, just make sure you don't have any other "evil features" like a collapsible stock or flash hider.

#18 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

Diddent you guys purchase before the ban and do the paperwork? :roflmao3[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users