• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nmlhunter

nmlhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, eating, HUNTING, sleeping, HUNTING..... What else is there?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Here is a carp I shot a couple of weeks ago. I need feedback on arrows. This one here penetrated fine cause it was an eye shot I guess. I have hit several and the white more expensive arrow in this picture does not fully penetrate and has cost us several carp. All you see is scales floating in the water. The cheaper orange arrow used to go right through. Time to switch back or pray for eyeball shots :rofl2: I hope this did not post twice......if so sorry.Attached File  ATT00498.jpg   60.94KB   74 downloads

#2 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:35 AM

One of my favorite things to do is shoot Carp! This time of year is the best because they are spawning. I use the "white" arrows as well and have never had a problem with them. I shoot a 50lbs recurve for shooting Carp. The only time is when I tried to make a shot that was to far away or I "grazed" the fish. It could be that the orange arrows are heavier and getting more penetration? PS: Great shot by the way and thanks for the pic!

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

What lake ? lookes real familiar.Those carp can be just hard to stick. How are you cooking them? :smiley_green_with_envy:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

Cooking them! :smiley_green_with_envy: :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

Some Laotian friends of mine cooked some carp for lunch and I tried it. It was awesome! I don't think I could duplicate the recipe but it tasted great.

#6 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Carp are not native to America. They were brought here from Europe and released into our waterways as both a source of food and for sport. Around the turn of the last century canned carp was found in eastern markets and thought of as a delicacy. Frankly, the only way anyone could make a meal of a carp is to pressure can them as they're seem to be one big bone. They do put up a fight when hooked. That's hard to deny. Up in Washington there are some fly shops taking people out to fly fish for carp. I've done it out of my own boat and it's kinda fun. A #8 black Wooley Worm gets them every time. It's sight fishing similar to fishing for bone fish. When I was in my late teens we used to go to the Diversion Canal in Stockton and shoot them with high powered rifles. That's a challenge, too.
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#7 nmlhunter

nmlhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, eating, HUNTING, sleeping, HUNTING..... What else is there?

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

What lake ? lookes real familiar.Those carp can be just hard to stick. How are you cooking them? :roflmao3[1]:

Oh so T Dunk? You've been to BFE? Thought I was the only one who knew of this spot? Hmm nothing sacred I guess. I use them mainly in sushi rolls. Or fish tacos. Either way doesn't much matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users