41 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

So I finally broke down and bought a FoxPro. I got the FX3. I had to pull the trigger because of the deal I got on it. It is the black one, but that is no big deal. I can camo tape, spray paint it like my cheap-o one or just leave it black. It is brand new, and has the 32 factory pre-loaded sounds. (I am not even sure what those are) So what sounds are you guys using? I know I can add all kinds of formats (mp3, etc) and I have like 100 on my computer. But what about the FoxPro sounds? I am assuming they are just like other files? (can be saved on your 'puter and emailed?) Anyone have any they can email me? Which ones should I load up? They want $25 for 16 sounds, worth it?They have a TON:http://www.gofoxpro.com/soundlist.pdfAlso, I might be getting additional FX3's (or maybe even FX5's) Would anyone be interested in them? I think these might be around $400, maybe $420? (no tax and $8 shipping or free pick up in Bakersfield) (They can't get anymore at the price I got, those are gone. But they are checking to see if they can get more units and what price)

#2 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Also, how long are the FoxPro sound clips? It says you can run 8 minutes on each sound. (32 sounds) How long are the sounds you are buying from them?

#3 DesertTom

DesertTom

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

I have a FX3 in black. used some spray paint on it. I got mine loaded with sounds for yotes. The first time I used it I had a pair RUN to it and my rabbit decoy. Happy Hunting. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#4 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

i might be interested in one if you get a spare..

#5 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:22 AM

Thye Foxpro sounds will play until your batteries go dead. Here are a few of my favorite sounds, Lightning Jack, DSG Cottontail, Snow Shoe Hi-Pitch, Luckybird, Vole Squeaks and Coyote Death Cry.

#6 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Lightening Jack's a winner!

#7 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

Amazing as it sounds.. I have never got a Coyote to come to Lightning Jack . Im thinking if I were a Coyote Ive never heard souch pleading and begging for my life... But it hasnt happened. I have my most luck with the standard Jackraqbbit in distress, and also the Cottontail distress, Funny how different areas get different results to sounds. I love my FX5 and may add more sounds to it.. Good luck in your hunting !

#8 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the replies. I got it yesterday and can't wait to go try it out. I have been playing with it around the house and it sounds great!

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Don't forget the great fun uses of your new caller. You have to hide it outside and scare the heck out of a neighbor or family member. They're also great on family outings. :signs121fj:

#10 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

:signs121fj: I can't scare my wife, she is preggo. I did chase my son around the house with the bobcat in heat blaring tonight... he thought it was hilarious. (almost 2 years old) After I turned it off he kept running around the house making the best bobcat in heat sounds I have ever heard! He is always picking up stuff (plastic men, toys, chalk, etc) and putting it to his mouth and making waa-waa sounds... he is a funny kid!

#11 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

Toward the end of the season I hardly used Lightning Jack at all but earlier did well with it. Plain old Jackrabbit Distress was a big producer my first 3 days of calling with the Foxpro. Called in about 15 or 16 coyotes, a gray fox and a bobcat and got 11 coyotes and the gray fox.I used Lightning Jack in Eastern Oregon and got a bunch of coyotes over there with it. Once I got the Whirling Woodpecker I started using the bird distress sounds. They worked well, too. It's just fun to mess around with the things. I've gone out locally and called crows with the caller but haven't done any shooting.

#12 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:41 AM

Don't forget the great fun uses of your new caller. You have to hide it outside and scare the heck out of a neighbor or family member. They're also great on family outings. :signgreatreport3kg:

Thats why I put the Mountain Lion sound on mine.... lol

#13 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:49 PM

I got the African Lion loaded in mine. I can't wait until our annual camping trip with our friends this Fall.

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

That should be a good sound to use. :signgreatreport3kg:

#15 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

blow your own rabbit sounds and put them on the caller. Works great. you can start your sequence with your mouth call, switch to the e-caller and you just have added movement to your sound..

#16 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

I remember the time I got my new Johnny Stewart electronic caller. Sitting in the living room I loaded the "multiple rodents" cassette tape. Volume turned down, start the tape, gradually turn up the volume. I watching "Magnum", my big male Black Lab. I gotta see how it works, you know what I mean.So the squeeks are getting louder, the dog is turning his head side-to-side looking. He's getting excited trying to figure out what's going on and where the sounds are coming from.Magnum is running around the living room looking everywhere. He's checking around the couch where the speaker is and gets more excited. Sniffing and sniffing, closer and closer. He gets to my wifes un-zipped purse sitting on the floor...and hikes his rear leg. I start yelling...and yelling. The deed was not done, my wife comes running in to find out what's happened. I have to explain. Found out how close to death both the dog and I had come.

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:42 PM

:drinks: :oops: :doh[1]:

#18 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

If anyone is bored, feel free to email me Lightning Jack. (or any other) I have not decided which ones to buy and I need to pick 16 before I order them. But I want to go play with this thing and need some bunny sounds. aquaelvis@yahoo.com

#19 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

Those sounds are copyrighted so I wouldn't be advertising about having them sent to you. You have to purchase them from FoxPro they value their copyright right to the courthouse steps and it's a heafty fine for copyright infringement. Like $250,000 and a year in jail. :1087:

#20 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

Oh yeah, wasn't thinking about that part. I am used to all the mp3's that are floating around. dog poop, I have too much stuff going on to sit down and figure out what 16 sounds I want. Wish you could just get an account and buy the 16 and download them as needed. That would be a better way for them to do it.

#21 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

You can order groups of them from the FoxPro site. Go there and take a look but they sell them online.

#22 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

I saw them, but the group of 16 is $25. (smaller groups are more per call, 4 sounds for $8) The trouble is that you have to buy all 16 at the same time. I am not ready to pick my 16. Maybe I'll just start with 4 and just end up paying more for them. (buying in 4 costs $32 for 16 sounds, rather than the $25 if bought 16 at the same time) Still don't know what sounds I want! Look at all these... who can pick just 16!?The FOXPRO Mark II Sound Library represents a giant step forward in wildlife audio recording by utilizing the best equipmentand technology available today. With new rigorous techniques in recording and screening, the FOXPRO Mark II Sound Library isat the pinnacle of quality. All sounds in this library are real wildlife recordings.Birds [ ] C79 – Distressed Red Foxes [ ] L55 – Adult Cottontail[ ] B00 – Raspy Woodpecker *[ ] B01 – Weep-n-Woodpecker * Canine Domestic Farm Animals[ ] B02 – Wail-n-Woodpecker * [ ] C00 – Canine Pups 1 [ ] M00 – Kid Goat Cries 2[ ] B03 – Wacky Woodpecker * [ ] C01 – Canine Pups 2 [ ] M01 – Kid Goat Distress 2[ ] B04 – Worried Woodpecker * [ ] M02 – Juvenile Goat Cries[ ] B30 – Turkey Gobbles Felines[ ] B70 – Finch Distress * [ ] F00 – Kitten Cries Whitetail[ ] B71 – Starling Distress 2 * [ ] F01 – Crying Kittens [ ] D00 – Whitetail Distress[ ] B72 – Distressed Starlings * [ ] F02 – Kitten Distress 2 * [ ] D01 – Whitetail Buck Fawn 1[ ] B73 – Gray Catbird Distress * [ ] F03 – Distressed Kittens * [ ] D02 – Whitetail Buck Fawn 2[ ] B74 – Goldfinch Distress * [ ] D03 – Whitetail Doe Fawn 1[ ] B75 – Blue Jay Distress * Wild Hogs [ ] D04 – Whitetail Doe Fawn 2 *[ ] B76 – Robin Distress * [ ] H00 – Begging Hogs [ ] D05 – Aggressive Whitetail *[ ] B77 – Wood Duckling * [ ] H01 – Feeding Wild Hogs 1[ ] B78 – Wood Ducklings * [ ] H02 – Feeding Wild Hogs 2 Raccoons[ ] B79 – Mallard Duckling * [ ] H03 – Baby Wild Pig Dist. 2 [ ] N00 – Raccoon Distress 1[ ] B80 – Baby Turkey Distress * [ ] H04 – Juvenile Wild Pig Dist. [ ] N01 – Raccoon Distress 2[ ] B81 – Baby Turkey Trio * [ ] H05 – Sow Protection [ ] N02 – Raccoon Fight[ ] B82 – English Sparrow Distress * [ ] H06 – Hog Bachelor Fight [ ] N03 – Twittering Raccoon[ ] B83 – Distressed Sparrows * [ ] H07 – Sow & Boar Fight [ ] N04 – Young Raccoon Dist.[ ] B84 – Cranky Male Cardinal * [ ] H08 – Big Sparring Boars [ ] N05 – Aggressive Raccoon[ ] B85 – Titmouse Tantrum * [ ] H20 – Lil’ Piggy [ ] N06 – Mad Boar Raccoon *[ ] B86 – Nutty Nuthatch *[ ] B87 – Ranting Red Bird * Rabbits & Hares Rodents & Coaxers[ ] B89 – Gray Jay Distress * [ ] L00 – Lightning Jack [ ] R00 – Guinea Pigs[ ] B90 – Chicken Distress * [ ] L01 – Dying Jack [ ] R01 – Guinea Pig[ ] L02 – Lil’ Jack [ ] R02 – Flying Squirrel Dist. *Coyote [ ] L03 – Snow Shoe 1 [ ] R03 – Grey Squirrel Distress *[ ] C15 – Female Coyote Bark Howl [ ] L04 – Snow Shoe 2 [ ] R04 – Young Rat Distress *[ ] C16 – Female Coyote Howls [ ] L05 – Snow Shoe 3 [ ] R05 – Adult Rat Distress *[ ] C17 – Female Whimpers [ ] L06 – Snow Shoe High-Pitch * [ ] R06 – Rat Duet *[ ] L07 – Waning Jack * [ ] R07 – Vole Squeaks *Fox [ ] L50 – Scream-n-Rabbit [ ] R08 – Red Squirrel Distress *[ ] C75 – Baby Red Fox Distress 1 * [ ] L51 – Big Rabbit * [ ] R09 – Roar-n-Red Squirrel *[ ] C76 – Baby Red Fox Distress 2 * [ ] L52 – Mad Rabbit *[ ] C77 – Juvenile Red Fox Distress [ ] L53 – Lil’ Rabbit * Bears[ ] C78 – Juvenile Red Foxes Dist. [ ] L54 – Bay Bee Cottontail * [ ] F50 - Huffs & Jaw Snaps ** Sounds marked with an asterisk are not compatible with the 38, 48, 416, 532, and ZR2 model game callers.Regular Sound LibraryCoyote - Locators [ ] 321 – Wolf Pack 1 Predator Sounds – Miscellaneous[ ] 162 – Howling Dogs [ ] 326 – Wolf Pack 2 [ ] 246 – Kitten Distress 1[ ] 206 – Siren 1 [ ] 328 – Wolf Pack 3 [ ] 391 – Cal Taylor’s Kitten Dist.[ ] 161 – Siren 2 [ ] 121 – Javelina’s Demise[ ] 160 – Cal Taylor’s Siren Canine [ ] 252 – Kid Goat Distress 1[ ] 207 – Coyote Locator [ ] 600 – Canine Pups [ ] 254 – Kit Goat Cries 1[ ] 620 – Byron South’s Canine Puppies [ ] 257 – Calf BawlCoyote [ ] 258 – Lost Sheep[ ] 211 – Interrogation Howl 1 Rabbits & Hares [ ] 251 – Antelope Fawn Distress[ ] 187 – Interrogation Howl 2 [ ] 231 – Crying Jack [ ] 360 – Blacktail Doe Distress[ ] 189 – Lonesome Howl [ ] 232 – Screaming Jack [ ] 361 – Blacktail Fawn Distress[ ] 186 – Lone Howl [ ] 233 – Jackrabbit Distress [ ] 255 – Fawn Cry[ ] 213 – Female Invitation 1 [ ] 234 – Angry Jack [ ] 195 – Fawn Distress[ ] 188 – Female Invitation 2 [ ] 237 – Cottontail Distress 1[ ] 181 – Coyote Pup Howl [ ] 239 – Cottontail Duet[ ] 185 – Domain Howl [ ] 350 – Baby Cottontail Distress Raccoon[ ] 212 – Male Challenge 1 [ ] 351 – Baby Cottontail Frenzy [ ] 266 – Raccoon Puppies[ ] 184 – Male Challenge 2 [ ] 352 – Raccoon & Baby Cottontail[ ] 183 – Coyote Challenge Howl [ ] 354 – DSG Cottontail Distress[ ] 219 – Coyote Threat Bark Howl [ ] 355 – Cal Taylor’s Cottontail Dist African Predators[ ] 180 – Coyote Barks [ ] 735 – Spring Hare Distress [ ] 705 – Spotted Hyaena[ ] 209 – Coyote Pup Distress 1 [ ] 736 – Scrub Hare [ ] 710 – Black Backed Jackal[ ] 216 – Coyote Pup Distress 2 [ ] 737 – Young Rabbit [ ] 711 – Jackal Challenge[ ] 179 – Coyote Hurt Pup [ ] 712 – Jackal Howl[ ] 210 – Coyote Death Cry Predator Sounds – Bird Sounds [ ] 713 – Jackal[ ] 218 – Coyote Ki-Yi [ ] 243 – Chicken Distress 1 [ ] 720 – Cheetah Female Call[ ] 182 – Baby Coyotes [ ] 521 - Chicken Distress 2 [ ] 721 – Cheetah Male Call[ ] 217 – Coyote Pup Frenzy [ ] 290 – Lucky Bird (Woodpecker) [ ] 730 – Princess Bird Distress[ ] 214 – Coyote & Rabbit [ ] 291 – Woodpecker Distress [ ] 750 – Lion Roar[ ] 215 – Coyote & Fawn [ ] 292 – Northern Flicker [ ] 751 – Lion Cub Begging[ ] 220 – Coyote & Fox Fight * [ ] 293 – Young Blue Jay Distress [ ] 760 – Knight Owl[ ] 332 – Screamin’ Blue Jay DistressFox [ ] 333 – Adult Blue Jay Distress[ ] 228 – Arctic Fox [ ] 294 – Partridge Distress Wild Hogs[ ] 224 – Gray Fox Distress [ ] 295 – Pheasant Distress [ ] 244 – Baby Pig Distress 1[ ] 225 – Gray Fox Pup [ ] 296 – Quail Distress [ ] 341 – Wild Pig Distress[ ] 226 – Scream-n-Gray Fox * [ ] 297 – Turkey Distress[ ] 222 – Gray Fox & Woodpecker [ ] 298 – Starling Distress 1[ ] 221 – Red Fox Rally [ ] 331 – Shore Bird Distress Crows & Magpies[ ] 227 – Red Fox Distress [ ] 334 – Game Bird Chick Distress [ ] 270 – Crow Fight[ ] 229 – Red Fox Pup [ ] 335 – Cowbird Distress [ ] 271 – Crow Party[ ] 223 – Red Fox & Rabbit [ ] 601 – Cowbird Duet [ ] 272 – Crow Duet[ ] 336 – Female Cardinal Distress [ ] 273 – Ugly CrowBobcat [ ] 337 – Male Cardinal Distress [ ] 274 – Young Crow[ ] 230 – Bobcat in Heat [ ] 338 – Great Blue Heron Distress [ ] 275 – Dying Crow[ ] 380 – Aggressive Bobcat * [ ] 339 – Guinea Fowl Distress [ ] 276 – Crow & Hawk[ ] 277 – Crow & OwlMountain Lion Predator Sounds – Rodents & Coaxers [ ] 278 – Crow Gathering[ ] 370 – Mt. Lion in Heat * [ ] 242 – Groundhog Distress [ ] 279 – Struggling Crow[ ] 371 – Mt. Lion Cub Purring * [ ] 245 – Squirrel Distress [ ] 530 – Magpie Fight[ ] 372 – Mt. Lion Cub Begging * [ ] 247 – Prairie Dog Distress[ ] 373 – Mt. Lion Cub Whistle * [ ] 249 – Rodent Distress[ ] 374 – Mt. Lions Courting * [ ] 250 – Kiss of Death[ ] 375 – Mt. Lion Female Call * [ ] 503 – Sage Rat[ ] 120 – Crazy Critter *Wolf [ ] 514 – Mouse Squeaker[ ] 320 – Lone Wolf [ ] 515 – Chirping Coaxer *[ ] 324 – Wolf Pair [ ] 516 – Luscious Lips *[ ] 325 – Wolf Chorus Howl [ ] 517 – High Freq. Squeaks *[ ] 323 – Wolf Pups [ ] 518 – Freaky Squeaks *[ ] 322 – Wolf Growl [ ] 519 – Fox Whistle *

#23 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:19 AM

Lightnin' Jack is a must. I've had success with fawn distress sounds, as well as the various howls. I've gone back and forth with a dog using the challenge howl. Pup ki-yi's would be a good choice as well. Go to Varmint Al's site www.varmintal.com and download the sounds in the coyote hunting section. Just right click and save target. Over on the CVC site, I recorded a coyote challenge howling behind my apartment. Heath cleaned it up and it sounds good. There are some other sounds over there as well, made by members. Hope this helps.

#24 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

What sounds did your caller come with? Truthfully, I think people put WAY too much emphasis on what sounds they have loaded...which works out well for Foxpro, Minaska, JS etc. because they are in the sound selling business. That is why most callers come equipped to handle 100+ sounds, they have lots of new sounds to sell that people just have to have...most people never use them all, at least the guys I know. IMO, all you need is a couple good sounds like the tried and trued JS sounds (cottontail, vittles or Squealing Bird) and go hunt.If you are mainly targeting predators I think you will find after using the caller a bit that you'll have your "go to" sounds that you will use all the time...usually around 3 or 4 sounds that you feel the most confident with. You'll probably have 1 favorite that you like to start off with on almost all stands. In all honesty, IMO a few sounds is all anyone really needs, personally I rarely change up sounds on a stand, when I get them in view I might go to a lip squeek if needed. Of the foxpro sounds that I've seen work I'd say get good ol Jackrabbit (#233 I think) Lightening Jack, Snow Shoe, Red Fox Pup, DSG Cottontail, Coyote Death Cry. Except for the CDC I've seen all those call in critters...the first one (233) has called in A LOT of stuff.

#25 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:49 AM

tawnoper's right about the companies wanting to sell you the calls. He's also right about what calls to use. As for Lightnin'Jack I think it's the most over used and I wouldn't doubt every coyote over a year old has heard it by now. You'll just need a handful and that's all you'll ever use.

#26 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

I now have a pretty big library of sounds. When I got my FX416B I just knew 16 sounds would be plenty but I neglected to get a fawn distress. When tawnoper offered to sell me his FX3 I jumped on it. I just had to have the extra sounds. I kept the sounds already loaded in my 416 but sold the caller on Ebay. Funny, tho.......I still use about 3 or 4 sounds out of the entire bunch. And not all on the same stand.The Johnny Stewart stuff is hard to beat. I used a Johnny Stewart sound in my old portable reel to reel tape deck back in the old days and called in a lot of critters. I only had one sound. It was jackrabbit distress. I really like the Scrub Hare Distress sound and I think it will be my go to sound for at least the beginning of the season. Nice high pitch sound that carries at low volume. When I read the boards, especially over at Predator Masters, I read about guys that mix sounds and mess with things at an alarming rate. It just verifies in my mind what I've said over and over again since getting back into the sport. People are making this far more complicated than it needs to be. When a coyote comes in who wants to be screwing around with the caller getting distracted from the job at hand? I think most of the "experts" who do a lot of gabbing aren't near the killers they would have us believe they are.

#27 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

Yup...as usual I agree with Moe.I too have accumulated quite a few sounds but almost always use my "handful" of proven ones...I did pick up a couple new ones that Minaska put on their site recently that should see some action this year.I read the sites as well. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting creative with the sounds and mixing up you're own, I don't really think it will bring in any more critters. I've even recorded myself on a handcall and have used it to call in plenty of stuff...why? cause I wanted to lol, I'm sure it isn't anymore effective then a JS cottontail but it kinda cool to do.I'm always skeptical when I read peoples claims that the coyotes come in better to their super re-mix...how do they know those particular animals wouldn't of responded the same way to a standard cottontail distress? Or if they change the sound 3x a stand and think the last sound really pulled them in...how do they know it wasn't on it's way? At least for me, most critters that are wary coming in are that way regardless of sound. Sometimes you can unseat a stuck bobcat with some lip squeeks or maybe later in season you can get a coyote to close the distance with some vocals but for the most part I think most guys will have better luck by not fiddling around with the call too much on a stand. JMO

#28 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

This past season I had very good luck using Foxpro's "Vole Squeaks" sound to coax coyotes in or to stop coyotes that had come in and were working there way back out. I have "Vole Squeaks" as my #1 preset sound on my FX5 remote, the volume is set at 20. At least four different times I had coyotes hang up way out there and when I switched to "Vole Squeaks" on volume 20 they came right in. A few times when I switched to "Vole Squeaks" to try to stop coyotes that were going away they stopped to check it out.Posted ImageThis coyote was one of four coyotes that stopped about 200 yards away. When I switched to "Vole Squeaks" he came right in. There is another one back behind this one just a little to the right of this one.The last time we went calling this last season it was nice having a remote to change the sounds. My son Wes was laying close to the call and he motioned to me he saw two coyotes. When I spotted them they were at least 400 yards away and moving away to our right. I tried a bunch of sounds and they were not paying much attention to the sounds. I switched to the "Male Challenge Howl" and they took off running straight for us.Posted ImageThis is a picture of the two coyotes at least 400 yards away. When they headed our way after being challenged they went out of our sight down into the canyon in front of us.Posted ImageIt seemed like forever but they came over the ridge a little to our right. They stopped and then started to head out so I switched to "Vole Squeaks" and the male stopped to look back. If you don't have "Vole Squeaks" it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it if you order any sounds from Foxpro.

#29 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Those are some awesome pix dabob, would love to have that opportunity! Thanks for sharing :drinks:

#30 FOXPRO Inc.

FOXPRO Inc.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

aquaelvis,Congrats on your purchase. If you need any help with anything, let me know. The others have given some good recommendations on sounds. As far as length of sounds, they each have different lengths. On the FX3's, they come with 256mb of memory. That allows you to put in 32 8-minute sound loops in a .mp3 128 bit rate format. Or, you could put in one 256 minute sound loop. In other words, you can have each sound any length you want, up to the limit of the memory of the card. If you need more memory in your unit, we can simply upgrade it for you. We have only ever had 2 people do it, as 256 mb is a LOT of memory.shooterjohn,When friends share their sounds with another friend, it's not such a big deal. What will get someone in trouble is when they announce that they will give away our sounds to anyone. And, even worse, if they take one of our sounds, manipulate it a little, and give it away to another company (competitor) as a free download. That is when the bigger fines come into play. If anyone has any other questions on our products, please let me know. I will be more than glad to help. Thanks!Mike DillonFOXPRO Inc."The Caller of the Wild"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users