41 replies to this topic

#31 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:33 AM

Welcome Mr. Mike Dillon.Aqua - How did you get such a screaming deal on the unit?

#32 FOXPRO Inc.

FOXPRO Inc.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

Thanks Arise.

#33 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Hello Mike, do you know about when Foxpro will give out the information on the new merchandise for 2008? Will it happen before the World Predator Hunting Expo?

#34 FOXPRO Inc.

FOXPRO Inc.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

PredatorMaster,Judging by the photo in your avatar, you have a model 416. There are a couple ways that you can change sounds on that unit. If you want us to program our sounds into it, you can send it in, and we will reprogram one or all of the sounds for $25.00, plus return shipping. If you prefer, you can also purchase the PG-1 adapter for $45.00. This adapter gives you the ability to record your own sounds into the unit. And, it is simple to do. Simply plug the PG-1 adapter into the 416 (look behind the foam behind your battery tray). Then, plug your audio source into the PG-1 adapter (such as a cassette player, cd player, or computer), and hit play. When you get to the segment of the sound you want recorded into your unit, simply press and hold the record button on the PG-1 adapter. Your sound will record into the position that your unit is currently in. You can also add a remote to your unit for $199.95. You may be better off to sell your unit, and purchase a new FX3, or a refurb or used one. The FX3's can now be found for $399.95, and has more features, and a much easier way of downloading sounds, via a built in USB port. Let me know if you have any other questions.dabob,Well, it should happen before the expo. If not before, then definitely at the expo. Some very cool things are coming.Mike DillonFOXPRO Inc."The Caller of the Wild"

#35 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

Thanks Mike great info. I might just have to get the new Scorpion Model. And sell mine.

#36 FOXPRO Inc.

FOXPRO Inc.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

No problem PredatorMaster. If you have any questions on any of the products, again just let me know.Mike DillonFOXPRO Inc."The Caller of the Wild"

#37 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

I used the PG-1 adapter when I had the 416B. It's easier to use than it sounds. dabob......thanks for the Vole Squeaks tip. I'd actually thought about using something like Luscious Lips or Kiss of Death.

#38 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

I found a deal on mine through ebay, they ended it early and sold it to me for $365 shipped. But, I just got the new Bass Pro catalog and I see it there for $399 (in camo, mine is black) So, it is kind of a wash, mine was still cheaper but that one for $400 is camo. I can camo this one myself and I save $35 plus shipping. I really like the unit thus far. It has not gone into the field with me yet but I haved been playing with it and its easy to use and sounds great. (I really like this remote) I also played with the sound program on my PC and that was pretty easy to figure out as well. (moving and editing sounds) This is my first caller (nice one anyway) and so far it has proven to be easier to use and program than expected. Mr Dillon, thanks for taking the time to post, welcome to the site. I always appreciate it when companies take the time to mingle with the people who use their products or services. It is funny how much companies will spend on R&D, etc without ever taking the time to listen to the end users. (most of which are not pro hunters, just normal guys) One suggestion, you may have already read it. It would be nice if people could buy blocks of sounds on your web site and then download them as needed. I am sure the software would not be an issue, as itunes and so many others do the same thing. You add 16 sounds to your account, then download them as needed. When your account has no more sounds left, you just buy more. It might not do much for your side but I think it would be a great tool for the customer. (feel free to send me a new-generation FX? in appreciation for this fabulous tip! :smiley_green_with_envy: ) Anyway, thanks again for the info.

#39 FOXPRO Inc.

FOXPRO Inc.

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

aquaelvis,Glad to be here. And, I can say that we have always listened to our end users, and have been hunting all of my life (started fox hunting when I was 8). I will look into implementing the sound idea on our website. I will say though, that Apple has much deeper pockets than us, LOL!

#40 gmoney

gmoney

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

TTT, waiting for mine to come next week....... yee haw

#41 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned