Photo

went and seen my old shot-gun expert today.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:04 PM

i went today and seen my old friend the shot-gun expert today. Took my benellli in to him and some shotgun shells for him to look over. Quite interesting . My issue was with not consistant patterns with dead coyote. first thing he did was cut open a shell to see what was inside. Red dot powder a good plastic wad some buffer and some shot that was the most irregular stuff you had ever seen!!. there is no way to make this stuff fly straight. Shot size varied and wasnt close to being round most with a flat rim on them.he reccomended copper plated anything . Cant be beat for flying true. i also left my barrel with him. He has the tooling to lap the barrel and chokes. Ill keep you posted with some new results with some new shells.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

Yea, that's what the shot is that is used in Dead Coyote. It is called T-shot, due to its shape.

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

It is called T-shot, due to its shape.[/quote]This might be my problem.you can shoot 5 pieces of paper and get 5 totally differant patterns.

#4 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

I bought 1 box of DC and took one apart. I was amazed at what I got for $3.50 a shot! That stuff is so mixed and matched that it made me sick. I did happen to drop 5 coyotes with the other 9 shots though......I have since went to #4 buck with better patterning, but I know you guys in the lead free zone need to find what works for you up there. I would try some copper plated BB loads. I too need to find some lead free loads for when I venture into that area this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users