4 replies to this topic

#1 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:27 PM

I was looking into getting a new shotgun for yote and waterfowl. i was thinking the mossberg 930 it shoots up to 3inch mags which is all i want, haven't heard anything too good about 3 1/2. my question is, since i've never shot any mossber product, does anyone have a testimonial statement for me?

#2 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

My brother and a couple friends shoot 935's. They seem to perform OK when using higher base shells or just using them as predator guns, but they don't like the small dram bird stuff at all. They are a tad heavy, but built to last. In the price range they are hard to beat. I would get a 935 before the 930 anyways. the price difference is small and having the ability to shoot 3.5" is a big bonus. I'm not really sold on the over bored barrel idea, but it works I guess. I also don't like the choke systems in Mossberg guns.....But hey, you can't get everything you want for $600 to $700 cab you?

#3 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

if you dont mind me asking.. wut about the choke system dont you like? my old 870 i dont think even has a removable choke

#4 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

I just don't like the over bored barrel and the chokes that are used in them. Especially the extended chokes that most of my friends and brother uses, they are heavy and make the gun feel unbalanced in my opinion. But Like I said, for the money a mossberg 930 or 935 is hard to beat.

#5 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

thanks alot for your input

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users