• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

I picked up the rifle today (Ruger VT in .204, with a 26-inch barrel). After fiddling with the mounts, I finally topped it with a Mueller 8.5-25 X 50 Eradicator illuminated scope. The rifle is as beefy as it looks. My Ruger 30-06 looks like a Red Rider bb-gun next to the thing. The rifle is just sitting on the bi-pod. I may install a Harris bi-pod as well.I'll sight it in on Wed. and then out next weekend for one last try for bobcat.Watch out coyotes! http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/17349Picture11-med.jpg

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:29 AM

Nice :D I can here it coming What is better yote gun the 204 or the 223 :D the 204 is pretty cool.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:36 AM

That pup has a double stage trigger, too?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

That's a good looking gun. Do you think that scope might be a bit powerful for predator hunting. 8.5-25 power doesn't give you much field of view, especially at night. But give it a try and let use know how it works out. I wouldn't mind seeing a target or two after you sight it in. :D Sorry I meant to send you a PM telling you I moved your post to equipment too. :D

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, I was looking at something in the 6x range to start, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I have a number of other scope options if this one seems too powerful. This gun is a daytime/nighttime weapon and I definitely like to see what I'm shooting at when calling. Besides, it looks cool!ShooterJohn, I moved my post last night one I got a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users