• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

I picked up the rifle today (Ruger VT in .204, with a 26-inch barrel). After fiddling with the mounts, I finally topped it with a Mueller 8.5-25 X 50 Eradicator illuminated scope. The rifle is as beefy as it looks. My Ruger 30-06 looks like a Red Rider bb-gun next to the thing. The rifle is just sitting on the bi-pod. I may install a Harris bi-pod as well.I'll sight it in on Wed. and then out next weekend for one last try for bobcat.Watch out coyotes! http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/17349Picture11-med.jpg

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:29 AM

Nice :D I can here it coming What is better yote gun the 204 or the 223 :D the 204 is pretty cool.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:36 AM

That pup has a double stage trigger, too?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

That's a good looking gun. Do you think that scope might be a bit powerful for predator hunting. 8.5-25 power doesn't give you much field of view, especially at night. But give it a try and let use know how it works out. I wouldn't mind seeing a target or two after you sight it in. :D Sorry I meant to send you a PM telling you I moved your post to equipment too. :D

#5 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, I was looking at something in the 6x range to start, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I have a number of other scope options if this one seems too powerful. This gun is a daytime/nighttime weapon and I definitely like to see what I'm shooting at when calling. Besides, it looks cool!ShooterJohn, I moved my post last night one I got a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users