4 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

Was watching the game last night around 10:30 when i heard raccoons fighting in the woods just outside my window off in the woods.It was just a matter of time so i loaded the disco and set up my cam.within 5 minutes the sensor went off and there they where 3 of them eating some corn i tossed for the birds .This one was mangy looking and mean so i didn't mess around this time knowing that i hit her twice with the 17cal this coon was tough it took the .22cal one easy shot bettwen the eyes and she droped like a stonePosted Image10 minutes later after i put her in the shed the other ones where back I'm waiting for them now this was my disco's first raccoon I'm amazed at how beautiful this gun is .

#2 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Good Job!! ;)

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

Nice going. Did you get the others when they came back?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

Nice shooting. I can't tell you the number of people that don't think these airguns will work on raccoons. Well, it worked on this one. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :roflmao3[1]:

#5 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

Very cool John, especially the part about the corn for the birds. My wife feeds the birds too, but you never know when a jack, cottontail or coyote might show up in the yard. Had the pups show up last night for the first time this season. The lack of rain down here has really put the hurt on all the wildlife. Usually this time of year there are many rabbits and hares and quail with a lot of young visiting around dusk for my wife's treats, but this year the pickings are really slim. The young coyotes usually live off of the baby quail and rabbits this time of year but they just aren't here.That's probably why mom coyote brought the pups to town to look for cats and small dogs, but the pups weren't going for it. About 2:45 a.m. they were screaming and crying, "come get me mom", but she made them tough it out for about 1/2 hour. The bad news is that there were only two pups instead of the four of five I usually hear each year.We really need rain in the southern valley.SteveH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users