7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

I was fishing the river and had a big fish explode on it didn't know what it was tell I got it in .Ahh sh*t it was a squaw fish it's 25 inches long at least 5 pounds. I didn't know they hit top water tell now .Posted Image

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:06 PM

:smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: Ive got them on lures before . Fun fish to catch . they are super preds they eat alot of the steal head and salmon fry. But they are one of the few native fish to the vally.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with your political correctness lessons. No more "squaw" anything since it offends Indi.., uh, native Americans. It's now called a Northern Pike Minnow. lolThere's a bounty on them up here and a few people actually make a good living catching them. Up on the Okanogan River in North Central Washington you can catch one every third cast or so. When I first moved there I went steelhead fishing and was catching them and would release them but after I found out what they were and the kinds of devastation they were causing on the salmonids I just threw them up in the bushes on the bank.
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

One kind is protected here in Kalifornia. I think its in the calorado river.They are suposed to be good to eat kind of like carp :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

that pike minnow put up a good fight it was fun. I goggled the squaw fish and read up on it I didn't know they did so much harm .Years ago they poisoned a lake do to pike being introduced and they were eating up all the native fish. Here is a pic of my freinds bass he caught,Posted Image

#6 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

never heard of "sqaw fish"...when I pulled up the pic looked like a carp...goes to show you I grew up fishing streams for trout and nothing else.
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#7 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

Nice fish . cool pics and a great story. wish I had one to tell. I need to catch any kind of fish.
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#8 nmlhunter

nmlhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, eating, HUNTING, sleeping, HUNTING..... What else is there?

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:28 AM

strange what fish will bite on. Sunday I flipped a fluke out on the lake and caught a bass. Moved over by these trees and flipped it out again and caught a trout, about 17 inches on the same fluke. Now that was after being upstream seing trout and using my fly rod for the trout and not catching a thing. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users