• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

I have an upper coming Monday in 22-250 for my Noveske N6. I was thinking something like an older model Nikon Monarch 6.5-20X44 mill-dot illuminated or one of the newer Nikon Monarch 6-24X50 (these do not come in mill-dot as far as I know). I plan on shooting some ground squirrels and some coyotes with this upper. What scope would the experts recommend for such a rifle?I have seen (I can't remember where) a mount where you can mount a secondary optic (like a small red dot) above a higher power scope for close in shooting. This could be good (if it worked) on top of a scope with a 6X or 6.5X low end magnification for close in coyote shooting.Also what would be some good mounts to mount those larger scopes on my new upper?Thank you,David

#2 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

WOOOW! Did you just say you bought a AR in 22.250?? Tell me more please! I can actually have 2 of my favorite things at once!

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

Yup! I'm debating making my varminter into a .204, just haven't decided. Aaaand back to the scope issue.

#4 StoneTower

StoneTower

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Pulling the trigger and setting the hook!!!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

WOOOW! Did you just say you bought a AR in 22.250?? Tell me more please! I can actually have 2 of my favorite things at once!

Armalite made the upper a few years back. I have heard that they made about 100 & I have heard that they made 1000 so who knows. This one is lightly used...very lightly. You canít see any wear on the bolt or anything.The 22-250 is not the ideal cartridge for the AR-10 as the taper of the cartridge causes feeding problems if more than about 6 rounds are loaded in the mag. We live in CA so 10 is the max anyway and if you go shooting a 22-250 too fast; you will need a new barrel soon. If I was building a .224 caliber cartridge in a AR10 platform, I would look into a 22-243. The taper on the 22-243 is the same as the .308 so the feed would be flawless.David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users