9 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Is off to a good start. I finally had a chance to shoot the new Discovery in .22 at 15 yards indoors. I know 15 yards isn't much, but what I've found over the years is, if a gun won't shoot bug holes at this distance, she sure isn't going to do much at all at 25 yards, 40 yards and on out. The first thing I did was clean the barrel. Both the .177 and this one were absolutely filthy. I put a 5X15X40 Bushnell Legend mildot scope on her and sighted in with 16 grain JSB Exacts. It only took three shots to get her printing on paper where I wanted.I put up a fresh target and shot some groups. I shoot one pellet into the fluorescent dot, and that becomes my aim point. A mildot sits very nicely on that hole and makes it easier to hold small. On the target with the ten shot group, I inadvertently switched mildots mid stream so I grabbed another pellet to make the group a full 10 rounds. My .177 shot just like this, and she is shooting sub half inch groups at 40 yards, so I have high hopes for the .22 at longer distances too. This one just may go prairie doggin' with me this summer. Crosman is going to sell a ton of these things.Here's a couple pictures.Posted ImagePosted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Wow! :signtripledogdare2wf: It's hard to believe a gun for that price can shoot that well. They will sell a ton of those when they shoot like that for the price. Very nice grouping you just have to remember which mildot you're using. :roflmao3[1]:What no pictures of her?

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I slipped one mildot, AND forgot to post the picture. Man, this growing old dog poop is definitely not for wusses. :signtripledogdare2wf: :roflmao3[1]: Oh yeah, she's the one on the bottom. Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

How's the trigger on them after Tim goes over the gun? What other little tunes does he do on them before sending them out? They aren't a bad looking little gun are they?

Time waits for no one--

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

Who makes this gun? Could you put up a link. Thanks. I believe there is a growing interest in air guns with the onset of "green" ammo.I could set up and indoor/outdoor range very easy.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

This is the Discovery site at Crossman. HERE.

Time waits for no one--

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

I could set up and indoor/outdoor range very easy.

When we built the new house, I set it up with a clear firing zone from the east wall through the kitchen into the garage, about 70 ft. :signtripledogdare2wf: Old guys don't like going outside to practice in the winter. Gotta get some barricade tape. DANGER, Live Fire Zone!Boy did I get an evil eye when I told her why that area had to remain clear. :roflmao3[1]:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#8 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

Tanks guys!!

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

Remember the Discovery airguns make a pretty loud crack when fired. It's not your suburban backyard airgun.

Time waits for no one--

#10 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Yes they do have a POP so i keep mine at my friends bar that boarders state woods . I got mine in early april and me and my friend have put about 700 rounds through it . I really got a good one with a centerpoint 3x9 it so much fun shot some targets today here are shots 20 -26 at 1700psi Posted Imagepellets i was shooting where benjamin diablos, i rest the barrel on my camera tripod for support . It dose the same at 40 yrds, whens a good time for a tune up and what can it do i'am real happy already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users