9 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Is off to a good start. I finally had a chance to shoot the new Discovery in .22 at 15 yards indoors. I know 15 yards isn't much, but what I've found over the years is, if a gun won't shoot bug holes at this distance, she sure isn't going to do much at all at 25 yards, 40 yards and on out. The first thing I did was clean the barrel. Both the .177 and this one were absolutely filthy. I put a 5X15X40 Bushnell Legend mildot scope on her and sighted in with 16 grain JSB Exacts. It only took three shots to get her printing on paper where I wanted.I put up a fresh target and shot some groups. I shoot one pellet into the fluorescent dot, and that becomes my aim point. A mildot sits very nicely on that hole and makes it easier to hold small. On the target with the ten shot group, I inadvertently switched mildots mid stream so I grabbed another pellet to make the group a full 10 rounds. My .177 shot just like this, and she is shooting sub half inch groups at 40 yards, so I have high hopes for the .22 at longer distances too. This one just may go prairie doggin' with me this summer. Crosman is going to sell a ton of these things.Here's a couple pictures.Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,576 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Wow! :signtripledogdare2wf: It's hard to believe a gun for that price can shoot that well. They will sell a ton of those when they shoot like that for the price. Very nice grouping you just have to remember which mildot you're using. :roflmao3[1]:What no pictures of her?

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I slipped one mildot, AND forgot to post the picture. Man, this growing old dog poop is definitely not for wusses. :signtripledogdare2wf: :roflmao3[1]: Oh yeah, she's the one on the bottom. Posted Image

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,576 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

How's the trigger on them after Tim goes over the gun? What other little tunes does he do on them before sending them out? They aren't a bad looking little gun are they?

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

Who makes this gun? Could you put up a link. Thanks. I believe there is a growing interest in air guns with the onset of "green" ammo.I could set up and indoor/outdoor range very easy.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,576 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

This is the Discovery site at Crossman. HERE.

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

I could set up and indoor/outdoor range very easy.

When we built the new house, I set it up with a clear firing zone from the east wall through the kitchen into the garage, about 70 ft. :signtripledogdare2wf: Old guys don't like going outside to practice in the winter. Gotta get some barricade tape. DANGER, Live Fire Zone!Boy did I get an evil eye when I told her why that area had to remain clear. :roflmao3[1]:

#8 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

Tanks guys!!

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,576 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

Remember the Discovery airguns make a pretty loud crack when fired. It's not your suburban backyard airgun.

#10 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Yes they do have a POP so i keep mine at my friends bar that boarders state woods . I got mine in early april and me and my friend have put about 700 rounds through it . I really got a good one with a centerpoint 3x9 it so much fun shot some targets today here are shots 20 -26 at 1700psi Posted Imagepellets i was shooting where benjamin diablos, i rest the barrel on my camera tripod for support . It dose the same at 40 yrds, whens a good time for a tune up and what can it do i'am real happy already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users