• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

MojaveJ asked me some time back to make him a set of calls, consisting of a jack, a cottontail and a howler, and he wanted the set on a lanyard. He also wanted Dymondwood. Well, I didn't have any Dymondwood on hand, so I sent him the color chart of the available material and he picked out a piece called Camo. I then had to order the wood, then I was gone for several weeks, and so, here it it almost a month later and I finally have the set on its way to Jason. He wanted me to post a picture of the set to share with all of you. By the way, Jason is a really good guy to know. He is buying this set as a gift for a friend who introduced him to predator hunting and called in Jason's first animals. Way to go Jason. Attached File  1.jpg   34.98KB   18 downloads
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

Great looking set Lynn! :hellohello9il: The colors go well with the lanyard too.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

As always, great looking work Braz! MovojaveJ - can I be your friend too? ;)Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#4 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

Sure but you have to buy me a set first. :)
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#5 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Thanks Braz. I"m going to be moving out of state in a few months and thought I would get him a nice gift to use since he gave me all of his knowldge on calling predators. He showed me all of his calls and I noticed that there wasn't a custom call to be found so I decided he needed a set after his putting up with me getting too excited the first few times we went out and missing everything he called in for me. I'm also planning on getting a display box for them in case he decides not to use them.(Which is very unlikely) I have called in quite a few firsts for others since he and I met to pass on the knowledge. I actually upped him a few times this year (like 6-1 and 9-2) when we both went out with different parties and came back to camp at the end of the day and you should have seen the smile on his face while saying I taught him everyhting he knows.(Kind of like a proud big brother as he is 15 yrs older than me.) I will be ordering a set for my self when we finally get settled in because of the beautiful work that Braz does and the last couple of years I have become really reliant on my e-caller (getting lazy lol) and need to get back to basics. Might even do some competition calling and if I win it will be much more satisfying using one of Braz's hand calls and crying on it my self than with technology although I will probably mix it up with both as we have found that most times if one way isn't working the other will.Thanks again Braz for such a wonderful gift for my friend and hunting buddy.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

.....the last couple of years I have become really reliant on my e-caller (getting lazy lol) and need to get back to basics..........

I hunted yotes with my ancient Johnny Stewart cassette tape e-caller once and even though it did a great job of pullin' in the dogs, there's nothing like the feeling of acomplishment you get by reeling in a coyote with hand calls.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

those things look nice wow great job
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#8 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Outstanding Braz! SteveH
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#9 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:55 AM

Well I finally got to the PO to pick up the calls and all I can say is wow. Thank you very very much for such a wonderfuly and beautifully made set of calls Braz. I need to save all of my pennies now so I can have a set just like them.J

#10 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

Very nice how much is a set up like that? :signs165xk:

#11 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

A three piece set, in Dymondwood, with the lanyard is $100 shipped.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#12 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

I took them over to him tonight and he really likes them and they sound awesome. We played with them in the garage. He really likes them alot. Great deal on a great set of calls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users