• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 packhorse9

packhorse9

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:pigs, turkey,varmints, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, classic cars. target shooting,

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

I am a new member and after reading the forum went and pulled my beeman R- 1000 (i think) w/beeman scope out of the safe and want to do some indoor plinking , the gun is about 5 years old , shot maybe a dozen times I have know idea where the book for it is, the question is do i need to oil the seals on it before using it after years of non-use , i have never done much with a pellet rifle and really don't see where you oil it, so any info will help , i'll tear it down if need be, thanks dave

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

Here is what Beeman recommends for care and feeding of their guns.http://www.beeman.com/care.htmExcept for the pivot joint and barrel cleaning there isn't much to do.

#3 packhorse9

packhorse9

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:pigs, turkey,varmints, 4 wheeling, motorcycles, classic cars. target shooting,

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

thanks John, beeman should start building trucks

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

Since you haven't shot it in awhile it may diesel on you giving a load crack like a .22 when you first fire it. But after a few shots it should quiet right down. Have fun with it and let us know how it shoots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users