• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Pied Sniper

The Pied Sniper

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:<br />Guns, fishing, varmint hunting, old cars, new cars, electric cars &amp; Hybrids, and everything else.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

I bought a versa-pod for my rifle and i hate it. The construction seems cheap and i just don't like the way it works. I don't want to spend another $60 on a bi-pod that is no good so what would you guys suggest. I want a good one so any price range in fine. The only reason that i bought a versa-pod in the first place was because it was what my rifle was advertised with.

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

Harris or a Harris knock-off (same construction).
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

I presonally prefer the stoney point shooting sticks.. Mine is the tripod and they are awesome. Adjustable etc. No they arent mounted to the gun but I cant stand the noise the mounted ones make..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

No they arent mounted to the gun but I cant stand the noise the mounted ones make..

None of mine make noise? Hmm...What kind have you had that make noise, Rae? I'm curious so I don't buy that type! :roflmao3[1]:
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#5 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

Harris bi-pod. Stoney Point Tri-pod for when I need more elevation, plus the third leg is a great walking stick!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

For day time predator work, I like the Stoney Point, Monopod (one leg) the best. I have many other bi-pods, both attached and de-tachable type, but prefer the one leg as they are quite, fast (4 turning around) & still plenty stable... especially with a 11-13 lb rifle sitting on it. LOLFrank

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Harris bipods.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

None of mine make noise? Hmm...What kind have you had that make noise, Rae? I'm curious so I don't buy that type! :hellohello9il:

Ill see if Hubby remembers what brand they were. We bought 2 sets and mounted them up but the springs and such seemed to rattle too much. And they just were a pita.. Not to mention they werent good for shooting standing up.. You had to be laying down.. Which is okay I guess but I dont care to lay in snow if I cna help it..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:26 AM

stoney point.

#10 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

make your own i did and it works great and for 4 dollars lol. lk at the link that john posted on mine that i did a week or so ago. robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users