• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Pied Sniper

The Pied Sniper

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:<br />Guns, fishing, varmint hunting, old cars, new cars, electric cars &amp; Hybrids, and everything else.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

I bought a versa-pod for my rifle and i hate it. The construction seems cheap and i just don't like the way it works. I don't want to spend another $60 on a bi-pod that is no good so what would you guys suggest. I want a good one so any price range in fine. The only reason that i bought a versa-pod in the first place was because it was what my rifle was advertised with.

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

Harris or a Harris knock-off (same construction).

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

I presonally prefer the stoney point shooting sticks.. Mine is the tripod and they are awesome. Adjustable etc. No they arent mounted to the gun but I cant stand the noise the mounted ones make..

#4 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

No they arent mounted to the gun but I cant stand the noise the mounted ones make..

None of mine make noise? Hmm...What kind have you had that make noise, Rae? I'm curious so I don't buy that type! :roflmao3[1]:

#5 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

Harris bi-pod. Stoney Point Tri-pod for when I need more elevation, plus the third leg is a great walking stick!Darren

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

For day time predator work, I like the Stoney Point, Monopod (one leg) the best. I have many other bi-pods, both attached and de-tachable type, but prefer the one leg as they are quite, fast (4 turning around) & still plenty stable... especially with a 11-13 lb rifle sitting on it. LOLFrank

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Harris bipods.

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

None of mine make noise? Hmm...What kind have you had that make noise, Rae? I'm curious so I don't buy that type! :hellohello9il:

Ill see if Hubby remembers what brand they were. We bought 2 sets and mounted them up but the springs and such seemed to rattle too much. And they just were a pita.. Not to mention they werent good for shooting standing up.. You had to be laying down.. Which is okay I guess but I dont care to lay in snow if I cna help it..

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:26 AM

stoney point.

#10 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

make your own i did and it works great and for 4 dollars lol. lk at the link that john posted on mine that i did a week or so ago. robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users