• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Pied Sniper

The Pied Sniper

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:<br />Guns, fishing, varmint hunting, old cars, new cars, electric cars &amp; Hybrids, and everything else.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

I bought a Volquartsen Fusion and needed a cool looking scope to put on it so i bought a Swarovski 6-24x50 and it looks cool. The guys at the gun shop thought i was crazy to put such a nice scope on a 17 HMR varmint rifle. Has anyone else out there put a Swarovski on their varmint gun?Posted Image

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

That's a heck of a nice scope.The only Swarovski in our house is Wifezilla's collection of crystal figurines.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 gmoney

gmoney

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

gotta love it, and I thought I was overkill, lol... Guess you will be doing a little elevation adj. and doping for those 300 plus yard shots. Pretty cool rig. What kind of report does that 17hmr give?Brandon

#4 The Pied Sniper

The Pied Sniper

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:<br />Guns, fishing, varmint hunting, old cars, new cars, electric cars &amp; Hybrids, and everything else.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

With good ear plugs you can't hear the report at all but with naked ears it is very loud. The little projectile is moving at 2550 FPS so you get that sonic CRACK! :pirashoot:

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

Not on a varmint rifle but I have one on my .50 BMG! And no, it's not in California anymore (thanks Arnold). My brother in Nevada shoots it once a month just to keep it "tuned" and that scope keeps on taking the hammering! Great scopes but you pay for it, that's for sure.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#6 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

I did meet a guy who just like you had a Swaro on top of his Volquartsen in 17hmr. Very nice setup as well as yours.
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users