• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:34 AM

I picked up a Primos Double Whammy call yesterday. I don't know why I bought it as I already have a bunch of howlers but it looked cool and was different that anything I already had so I figured I'd give it a try. It was a little tricky at first but now I'm really glad that I bought it! It is a very versitile call and it comes with a Randy Anderson instructional cd. You can use both of the different pitched howlers seperatley or you can use them at the same time to sound like a coyote serenade. It also makes a great rabbit in distress call that is loud and really raspy. There are other calls it can do too. I don't really use a fawn in distress or a bird in distress call, but if you do, they are some of the other sounds it can do. A guy could practicaly use this call all by itself and really lighten up the ol' lanyard. I highly recomend it. :censored[1]:

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

I totally agree, Clamp... one of my yote hunting partners has one & can really play some tunes on it. But he is dicusting anyway, as he is good with howlers & such, where as I just plain... well you get the idea. LOLAnyway, it does take more practice as it is more difficult to master. But once you get it down, you're in bussiness. Good post Frank

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

I don't know much about it but I bet it will work. I am planning on ordering a lildog primos kit 2 calls a cd from allpeditors.com. I have been hearing some pups howling lately I want to exchange vocals with them lol.

#4 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

Shoot-it, the lildog is a very good call & one that even I can almost sound fair on. So you know it's an easy one to use especially as a starter howler.The double whammy requires more practice, something I am short on patience with... lolFrank

#5 DesertTom

DesertTom

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

Got'a like them Randy Anderson calls. I have the Hot Dog, the Little Dog, and the KI-YI. :signs121fj:

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:09 PM

so I got the lil dog today I can blow the white tip good can't make much noise with the green one. I went out side and practiced some howls and did the kiyi when i came in I asked my wife did you hear that coyote she said no but i heard a dieing cat LOL oh well at least it sounded like something

#7 Hutch

Hutch

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

That just might be the ticket, the more dieing you are, the more tastey you sound. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users