Photo

One of seven squirrels taken from the same spot.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

One of the things that I love about hunting with airguns is the fact that the gun firing does not alarm other squirrels in the area. This was squirrel number four from the same spot. I took a total of seven. Each time the smack of the pellet hitting a squirrel sounded, another squirrel would pop up in the same general area. With my rimfires, the muzzle report puts everything in the area down for quite sometime. Sorry about the video quality, the original was a bit over exposed, and the compression makes it look even worse. Watch carefully in the slow motion clip and you will see the pellet exit the squirrel.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

Great shot! :lol: Looks like he blew a gasket and got deflated. :lame:

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

Great shot! :good: Looks like he blew a gasket and got deflated. :751:

It was a lot of fun there for about 5 minutes. I'd knock one down, look around and there would be another one gawking at me. It was kinda' like the shooting gallery at the county fair. B) Blowing a gasket's not quite the same as blowing a seal is it? :lame: :lol:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

Blowing a gasket's not quite the same as blowing a seal is it? :751: :lame:

B) I guess it could be. :lol: :good:

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

There is no sweeter sound then pellet piercing pelt you are a good shot my man

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

There is no sweeter sound then pellet piercing pelt you are a good shot my man

There is something addictive about that sound. I just can't get enough of it. As for being a good shot, thanks. I'm 65 and been varmint hunting for 50 of those years. (man is that even possible?) If you do anything for that long, you are bound to get halfway decent at it. I love it, and intend to keep on doing it as long as this aging body of mine will allow. :751:

#7 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

Thats beutiful man at 45 and snatching varmints since the age of 10 with my beloved crosman 760 soon to be 766 .22 cal i will tell you this yesterday a GS was smacking my bird feeder around. After filling it twice only to find it empty again moments later i was jazzed . I loaded the gamo and even though it was cold and raining i turned up the heat and waited in the window . 15 minutes later his head popped out around the tree .And that when i let him have it the . 117 gamo domed hunter went right through his neck he made it about 20ft to the poison ivy and thats where is is now .He was a fat one i had the cam on him but in haste forgot to hit record . Sorry man that never gets old and to think if all gose well i still have 20 more good yr's and a great couple of guns for the task. Next i'am looking for a PCP in .117 cal

#8 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

Thats beutiful man at 45 and snatching varmints since the age of 10 with my beloved crosman 760 soon to be 766 .22 cal i will tell you this yesterday a GS was smacking my bird feeder around. After filling it twice only to find it empty again moments later i was jazzed . I loaded the gamo and even though it was cold and raining i turned up the heat and waited in the window . 15 minutes later his head popped out around the tree .And that when i let him have it the . 117 gamo domed hunter went right through his neck he made it about 20ft to the poison ivy and thats where is is now .He was a fat one i had the cam on him but in haste forgot to hit record . Sorry man that never gets old and to think if all gose well i still have 20 more good yr's and a great couple of guns for the task. Next i'am looking for a PCP in .117 cal

Those rats will clean out a bird feeder in a heartbeat. I have seen them run off with so much seed crammed into their cheek pouches, that they could hardly keep their chin off the ground. Nice shot by the way.If I had a buck for every time I forgot to hit the record button during the heat of the moment, I could buy another really nice PCP. I've gotten a whole lot better, but when I first started recording my shots, I missed out on some beauties because I didn't remember to hit the record button. :751:

#9 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:29 AM

Even though i was born and raise on LI NY {the hunting here is great i might add} i have been to california 5 times to surf the coast and i must say have scored many 15 ft + waves there and every where from san diego to morro bay . But i must say i think about comming there only to slap GS with you and shooter john . You guys could be my POP and show me how .Hahahhaahhaaha right now surf here is firering at 6 ft and real clean and i'am typing about pellet gun hunts and could care less i have been surfing since 78 and my pcp and springer are screwing me up but man i glad i bought that Varmint hunter 9 months ago. When i have the money i will ask for advice on a real good PCP in .117 but i'am sure the one you guys have is the call .Thanks john for this site I can't wait for september goose season

#10 Jon

Jon

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

I agree,I dont even need to check a squirrel to see if it's dead. That skull cracking noise is a dead give away when shooting PCP's. All these poor varmint hunters out there dont know what they are missing when they blast the living dog poop out of everything with HMR's and centerfires. Airgunning is a more "organic" expirience. Beautiful shot Cliff.....by the way I fired up the camera rig for my 410 so I should be able to help contribute to the skull cracking fun here in the next few days.All I need now is a sleeve of JSB's and all would be right in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users