6 replies to this topic

#1 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Wife and I finally decided to downsize on our RV, since our plans had changed. We had planned on "workcamping" after she retired (9 weeks from now), and so we had bought that '05 37 ft Everest 5th wheel, with 4 slideouts, fireplace, etc., etc... as we would be living in it for +6 months of a year. Well, that has all changed, except for her retiring, so we couldnt justify that big RV anymore. So, we traded it in for a 27 ft, single slide model, which weighs less by 4000 lbs dry than the Everest. So, I might get 1mpg better. Not only that.... alot of places wont take long trailers, and with this shorter model, we'll be able to get into some USFS campgrounds again. Only money out was tax/license. Course with fuel prices, who knows if it will ever leave the driveway.Posted ImageOkay.... dont use the "kitty cat" as a target, please !!

#2 les

les

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:44 AM

I have a tape of mtn. lion squals to play as you enter the campground....

#3 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

Wouldnt that be a corker!! You playing hookey today, or are you at work??

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Nice camper! Diesel prices were $4.80 here today. Ugh! If I were in the market for a camper this would be a good time to pick one up.

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

Man, Cranky Farmer your right on it being a good time to pick one up. I've been seeing commercials of RV retailers selling their inventory for more that half off! Of course, no one can afford to put gas or diesel in those things or hook up a truck and tow one just to have a good time now a days. My friends that go to the desert are trying to sell their motorhomes! I'm glad I still use a tent although it's getting tougher and tougher as the years go by!

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

I know gas is just getting more and more, but we are actually semi-looking right now for a used Class C. I just refuse to let the gas prices prevent me from traveling in comfort. :welcomeani:

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

:welcomeani: Nice looking Camper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users