• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

I've had a problem with a gopher that was too smart to get caught in a trap but today he burrowed his last hole in my lawn! While I was out working on a yard sprinkler I heard him tugging at some grass. I ran into the house and retrieved my Daisy 880 powerline. When I came back out I'd lost where I thought he was comeing from when he popped up ten yards from me. A well placed BB at 750 fps layed him low. Finally!!!!!!!Posted ImageThe BB entered his left eye and exited his lower abdomen.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

I have the same gun...Good little gun..I have blood on mine to... But it was an accident.. When I first got it, I was shooting bbs... and those things were taking off in all directions.. I could not get a good group..They would never get close to the crosshair...Well on day, this bird landed on the wire, so I thought I would scare it with the sound of a bb flying by...Well this was the only time the bb went where I aimed... That bird had no chance, right in the neck... It fell like a rock...So I figured sweet its on now... went to group it again, all over the place.. I guess that bb had that birds name on it...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

Nice! :good: I hate those little buggers. My uncle had a bunch and it took us all summer shooting in the evenings to get rid of them. Finally resorted to the acetylene torch with a big rosebud tip to blow the tricky ones out of the yard. I know we lifted a few of his rose bushes out of the ground when we put a bit to much gas mixture into the holes. :hellohello9il:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

Great job! I have 1 right now that I can't trap and it's driving me crazy. By the look of his holes he must be Goferzilla!

#5 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

Up here we just put a garden hose in their hole and drown them.
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

Up here we just put a garden hose in their hole and drown them.

I tried that a few times. I once left the water running for two days and still none of the holes had water come up. I was worried about flooding under my house or the septic tank so I had to admit defeat and turn off the water. :hellohello9il:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

The wait is is what it's all about the rush when you where going for the gun the dissapointment when it's loaded and the varmint slips away nowhere to be found and then a mistake, bang dead gopher and a happy hunter nice shooting

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

I tried that a few times. I once left the water running for two days and still none of the holes had water come up. I was worried about flooding under my house or the septic tank so I had to admit defeat and turn off the water. :signtripledogdare2wf:

You remember where my grandfather used to live out there on Washington? He was always chasing gophers, we used to tease him that he could have been Bill Murray in Caddyshack! He would leave the hose running until the water was running clear across the road while he sat in his lawn chair with his .410 just waiting for those little suckers to pop up. ;) He cut his leg with the chainsaw once while trying to trim some tree limbs, and then another time he shot out his kitchen window while he was cleaning his shotgun. Thankfully he never tried the propane trick on the gophers! Probably would've blown his house into the next county... :good:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

funny story wess I could imagine it. I had a gopher like that in my grass i could not catch him so I tried that poison rod and stuck it everywhere I hope he ate it and died. I had a bb gun like that when i was a kid I shot everything with it .When I was grown I wondered what happened to it then one day I found it stuck in the ground holding up a tree grandmother did it LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users