• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I just got some bad news today. My grandmother of 89 years has some major problems. It seems as though she has been stricken with a terrible eye disease that inhibits her capacity to see things that we take for granted every day. To make matters worse, it is very dusty and foggy where she lives and yesterday she got lost trying to find her way back from the garbage cans in front of her house. This rare medical ocular disability is crushing her spirit and to make matters worse, she is having problems carrying out the volunteer work that she normally does at the orphanage. The kids are totally depressed without her because she is truly their beacon of hope and dreams. I have been helping all I can but there is no cure for granny. However, due to the wonders of modern science, with help from all of you, we can change her world and give the poor, homeless children the love and attention "Gamma" (as the kids call her) dishes out in large portions. If each one of you would kindly make a contribution of $100.00 or more, we can eventually buy poor "Gamma" this miracle device that will not only let her see through the fog but enlighten the lives of 367 destitute, parent-less children. Yes, it is within your grasp to change a child's life (don't forget to imagine the flies on their little, sad faces) by sending your selfless contribution to CA Desert Dog now. This device SAVE GAMMA & THE CHILDREN NOW!will bring "gamma" back from the darkness and you will share the joy of making that return trip happen. Remember....it's not just for "Gamma", it's for the children too. Thank you. (Please, no personal checks. Cash and PayPal only.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

:censored[1]: you had me on the (imagine the flies on their little faces) :roflmao3[1]:

#3 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

:roflmao3[1]:
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#4 donkey12

donkey12

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

I wanted to help you for a second!!!
Don't be stupid

#5 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

CA Desert Dog, you must need to see in the dark pretty badly. I thought all you dogs saw well in the dark! You should ask a politician for a donation like that :roflmao3[1]:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:28 AM

When it comes to coyote hunting, I live in a world of fantasy. I am obsessed and frequently dream of hunkering down into a night stand and releasing one of those tethered blimps about 100-feet into the air. Mounted under the blimp would be a thermal camera, sending images back to a small receiver, much like a RADAR PPI. As I call, I can plot the incoming bandits and prepare to dispatch them. What drives me nuts about night coyote hunting and cat hunting is there are probably so many of them that come to the call and totally evade us. I want to level the playing field.....OK, no.....I want the advantage....LOL
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#7 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

CA Desert Dog, I know how you feel. I still use my Generation II goggles to spot the little bastards coming in to my stand but flip them up and hit my Nightforce light mounted on my scope when they are within light range (usually inside of 200 yards). It doesn't seem fair but it sure is a kick in the pants seeing them running around especially when there's five or more and you have to pick out one or two to shoot at!!! I've spotted for the wife on several occasions but it takes her too long to pick them up in the scope when it's dark even when I keep telling her to aim where the light is and look for the glowing eye's. In another couple of months, I'll be going down to the desert for night hunting again-if I can afford the damned gas!
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users