Photo

Anchored at 5 points shooting stance. (works great)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

Most of my field shooting is done from 40 to 80 yards, so I need a stable shooting platform to be able to consistently hit small targets like California ground squirrels at those ranges. The first two anchor points are the left and right feet of a Stoney Point telescoping bipod. The second two anchor points are my left and right feet planted solidly on the ground, and the fifth anchor point, is either my right, or left shoulder planted firmly against a nearby tree. With the rifle resting on the bipod I now have a nice stable platform to shoot from. It beats the heck out of off hand, or even shooting from a monopod. This method has worked quite well for me for many, many years. Here's how it looks in real life. I hate video compression, but I think you can still see what I'm talking about. The gun is my FX Monsoon in .22.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2

#2 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Nice shootin Tex!

#3 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

Thats a good way to shoot i have been using the top of my camera on the tripod and have been dropping grackles left and right it's so fun watching on the comp late with a beer . But the tree is a shooters friend every time but i rarely shoot over 50 yrds because i'am knot that steady , nice little clip VAir

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

That shows a very good point even for those of us that use shooting sticks. Any extra anchorage is your friend. I use the same shooting sticks and since I can't bend my knees it sure makes a standing shot easier. Even sitting you can't beat them because they have such a long adjustment range. That pellet sure sailed through that squirrel. Like it wasn't even there. :signs684mh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users