• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

http://www.jonescall...amp;PROD=000018Saw this call in a local sporting goods store and picked one up to try it. Threw it in with my hunting stuff and forgot about it for a few days. Coincidentally, I tuned into a show on bear hunting in southwest Washington and the hunter was (successfully) using the same call. So I pulled out the one I had bought and gave it a try. It actually puts out a fair amount of volume yet it's compact enough to use while you're looking through the scope. It should work great as a mid-to-close range caller and because it weighs next to nothing (it's barely noticeable hanging around your neck), I'll probably be carrying mine every time I'm in the field even when I'm not predator hunting (just in case). Didn't know if any of you guys use the same call but for $5.99 I think it's a good bargain.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

It sounds good Wess for 7 bucks you cant go wrong. If I came across it I would buy one.

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

I can't get the sound to come up on that site.

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

It sounds good Wess for 7 bucks you cant go wrong. If I came across it I would buy one.

They're only $5.99 up here with no sales tax. I have a couple things I need to drop in the mail to Matt so maybe I can throw in 2 of them for you guys. Matt- Maybe if you had one today you could have bagged that 'yote at the duck club! :censored[1]: :pot:

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, you got me there! You know how I am, my truck tool box is usually a fully stocked mobile hunting supply chest, but I took my calls out to mess with the reed on one of them and I forgot it at home. :hellohello9il:

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hey Wes, that call made it to my place yesterday evening. That thing is pretty sweet. Like you said, it's small and totally hands free. I like that it has just enough volume to bring 'em in nice and close without being obnoxiously loud. It should be perfect for putting the last finishing touch on a yote to get him into scattergun range. I'm going to try to find something that is thin and sturdy enough to protect it so I can keep it in my wallet.

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

In your wallet??? :roflmao3[1]: I don't know if I'd do that. It's only plastic and you might break it. You got the last one they had so I'm not 100% sure I can get you another one. That store tends to rotate their stuff so who knows... I'd toss it in your glovebox, ash tray, or use the lanyard and hang it from the rearview mirror. You always take your truck when you go hunting so as long as it's in there, you'll always have it. It is nice & light though, isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users