• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

I was peruseing the pyramid air website when I ran across the Mendoza air rifles They had good reviews and they don't cost that much. Have any of you ever tried one?
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Sorry, I've never heard of that one. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

I have been perusing the airgun sites the last couple days. Look at the RWS Diana 34 package at pyramidair for $225 shipped. They have either the .177 or .22It has pretty good reviews and a lifetime warranty.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

I have an RWS Diana Model 94 in .177. Love it! Shoots very tight groups at 30 yards. If I could do it over, I would get it in .22 instead of .177. Other then that, it is an awesome rifle!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#5 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

Not to hijack this thread but................I am looking at a Gamo Whisper air rifle. Ideally I would just like to buy the rifle alone, without scope, and mount a scope of my choice. Does any one here have any experience with this rifle, god or bad?Mods feel free to move this is necessary

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

Here's the one I'm thinking about http://www.pyramydai...air-rifle.shtmlThe RWS 34 costs more and is about 150fps slower in .22 cal, but on the other hand it has a lifetime warranty. Then again they sell piston/seal kits for the mendoza so I wouldn't have to send it off and they come with the trigger set at 2.5 pounds. I'm going to have to think about this one.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Reading the few reviews on there, and given the price, I'd say go for it. At that price, you can't get hurt too badly. And if it is all they say in the reviews, it is one sweet deal. I found the last review interesting, where he said to be sure and wipe it down with an oily rag as it has a tendency to rust rather quickly.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Yeah,I looked at that one as well. What doyou guys think of the extra 150fps? I may have to wait and hear back from you as to whether these are good or not. :P
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 cliff

cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

I have been unable to access the California Predator Forum for over two weeks! I thought you guys left the electronic waves. I'm very happy to be back. Mendoza air rifles are not familiar to me, but they appear to be a product of Mexico, and I really like Corona Extra Cerveza (Beer). My best experience has been with an RWS Diana model 350 air rifle. Roughly twice as potent as my really smooth-functioning Gamo 440 Hunter, but the Diana is far more difficult to cock. My Sheridan .20 cal is potent, but the required eight pumps for full-power are tiresome and noisy. One cock with blazing power only relates to my Diana (German-made) air-rifle. I realize that the English-made Patriot, available through Gamo, has similar power at a stiff price, but according to cocking effort stats appears harder to cock than the 350 Magun from Diana. I'm not a whimp at 210 pounds, but some of these spring-powered air rifles take more effort to ready than I'm happily willing to issue. cliff

#10 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

Yeah,I looked at that one as well. What doyou guys think of the extra 150fps? I may have to wait and hear back from you as to whether these are good or not. :flag:

I'm thinkin that I will order one in a couple weeks. Need to build the toy fund back up a little first. Spent way to much money clampin' the last two weekends.

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Don't forget you're going to need a scope and mount for that thing. And with dovetailed mounts you may run into the dreaded scope shift that often accompanies spring powered airguns. Plus you HAVE to use an airgun rated scope on a springer. If you don't it will shake the guts right out of the scope.

Time waits for no one--

#12 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Actually, I'm not a fan of scopeing air guns or .22s. I like iron sights for the ranges they are capable of. I think I will get a mendoza rear aperture sight for it though.

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

I never put a scope on my old Sheridan Silver Streak. I can't tell you the thousands of animals and every make and model of bird it took with open sights.Posted ImageBut for distance shooting with the new more powerful airguns you can't beat a good scope. My .177cal Beeman R9 Goldfinger will knock pigeons dead at 80 yards. I'd have problems doing that reliably without a good scope. I've gone 10 for 10 pigeons at a local steel yard at ranges from 45 to 85 yards using that gun with a 4-12 power scope.

Time waits for no one--

#14 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

I'm thinkin that I will order one in a couple weeks. Need to build the toy fund back up a little first. Spent way to much money clampin' the last two weekends.

Clamping ??? You mean getting drunk....I know what's it's really about :D

#15 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

Clamping ??? You mean getting drunk....I know what's it's really about :smiley_turkey_gobble:

:smiley_turkey_gobble: Easy there Johnny. Until you've been there, you don't know jack!

#16 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

:smiley_turkey_gobble: Easy there Johnny. Until you've been there, you don't know jack!

Amen.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users