• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

I'm being offered a FoxPro XR6 from a guy for $325. He took it out of the package but hasn't used it yet and decided he didn't want to hunt coyotes after all (I think his wife decided that for him) I'm familiar with the FX3 but know nothing about the XR6. Anyone have an opinion about the pluses and minuses for this unit?

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

Frank, as I understand it the XR6 is basically the same as the FX3 but only holds 16 sounds vs. the 32 on the FX3

#3 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

Frank, if he picked his 16 sounds wisely that is plenty. I upgraded from a 3 to a 5 and have so damn many sounds that I can't remember what each sounds like, but the FX is a cool gadget. The big deal is the upgraded remote on the FX5.SteveH

#4 yotehuntinsoldier

yotehuntinsoldier

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

I'm going to be selling my FX-5 here pretty quick. It's been used like 4 times and is in very good condition. Let me know if you guys are interested. Jeff

#5 223Larry

223Larry

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Varmint shooting .Fishing.Reloading

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

I have a XR 6 and think It's a great unit ,The unit can only be used with the remote .Not manual like the FX3 and runs on 4 AA batterys not 8AA.16 sounds are plenty for me and changing sounds is done the same way as the FX3.

#6 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

I also own the XR6 and purchased it in camo with my desired 16 calls delivered to my door for $419 and love it to death! Its my opinion that if you can get it for $325 thats a pretty good deal. :censored[1]:

#7 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

That model only having 4 batteries, is the same amplifier that the 416 has, Its a great unit, Im not sure of the length of the sound loops however. I got an FX5 this year, and the same sounds that were on my 416 are twice as long on the FX5. But either way its still a good caller.. got my first coyote with the 416. Another thing is that with the FX3 and FX5 using 8 batteries, the Amplifier is much larger. Good luck if ya get one... ya cant go wrong !

#8 DesertTom

DesertTom

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

I have a FX3. With all Foxpros you can reload sounds, so do'nt worry about only having 16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users