18 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image New from SIG SAUER® is the P239 CCP (concealed carry package) in 9mm or .40 S&W. The P239 is used by law enforcement and federal agents as a compact back-up pistol ideal for off duty concealed carry. The slim profile of this single-stack pistol provides easy concealment without sacrificing handling. The excellent handling characteristics of the P239 are the result of engineering we call “performance ergonomics” and it’s one of the keys to all SIG SAUER pistols. The P239 is available in 9mm, or .40S&W – offering you the choice that’s right for you.Package contains: * The 239CCP comes with your choice of 9mm or .40 S&W * SIGLITE Night Sights * SIG SAUER paddle holster * SIG SAUER double mag pouch * Three (3) P239 magazinesManufacturers suggested retail price $929.00.Click HERE to Download info sheet.

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

Sig's are nice guns. I would like to get a compact 9 one of these days I have noticed they are pricey.

#3 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:21 AM

Sig's are nice guns. I would like to get a compact 9 one of these days I have noticed they are pricey.

I have the p229 .40 and the p220r ST .45 and to be honest they are worth the money. When I got my 229 I got rid of my Barretta 9mm my Taurus 9mm and my S&W .40 and I started making fun of glocks (just to be fair I love the baby glocks but I can never recommend glocks style or 1911 style SAO handguns to newbi's ) . I would probably never drop down to 9mm unless I needed something that I could conceal in a speedo and I'll never wear a speedo.
Smyrna Lodge #532 F. & A.M.Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

I love my Sig P220 in .45ACP. If I could get another .40, I would get a Sig as well. Have a Smith & Wesson SW40VE in .40 that is a great handgun as well!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

How would you guys compare them to a Springfield XD? I have the XD 9mm Subcompact and I love it. It looks like this package is almost identical to the packages Springfield has been doing for years. Quite a bit more $$. My friend just bought a Sig 9mm and he loves it. he also has a XD 40 so I will have to ask him to do a comparison.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

I have an XD .45 also (and I'm a believer) but the Sig is a whole 'nother beast. Go shoot a Sig. They just feel so good!!! I've been planning a Sig purchase for some time now, but other things get in the way.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#7 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

I shot my buddies XD side by side with my Sig both in .45. They are both great weapons. One thing with the Sig, it just points right on target and feels incredible in your hand. The XD was great from a concealed draw, as is my Smith & Wesson, but I will take my Sig any day of the week if given a preference.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

I have a XD9645 compact in 45 and really like it. Fits my hand real nice. I was trying to save up to buy a Sig p220 but just couldn't find the money. Maybe one day when I stop buying rifles I'll entertain the p220 idea again. Heck with the way laws are going in this state, I better do this sooner then later. :harhar1[1]:
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Heath, I carry an old SigP220 and have since I bought it NEW is 1985. I was looking for something else in one of the gun safes and I found this. Still in the original box with target and all.Attached File  SigP220.jpg   42.53KB   102 downloadsIt is the twin to the one I shoot. I forgot I bought two of them at the same time. I found several NEW old guns that I had purchased and stored close to 30 years ago. The Sig's have changed over the years but my carry P220 .45 has been an awesome performer. So I'm sure any of their new guns would be great.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

Now there is a pleasant surprise!

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

No, I'm just old and forgot I had it. I seem to have a lot of stuff I never used. I guess I bought it thinking it was an investment. Now with all of the no hunt and shoot stuff going on it looks like the stock market all over again. :harhar1[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

That must be nice SJ oh look I have a new gun in a box I forgot I had :signbummer8tl: The only thing i don't like on sigs is the wood grips I picked on up in a shop and it was to fat in my hand my xd feels so much better.The other gun I like a lot is the HKs.

#13 Remi700

Remi700

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Camping, Shooting, and Hunting.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

I shoot the xd 40 I have for 5 years or so now. its a 5'' it shoots great never any problems unless you shoot Blazer ammo and it WILL jam a few times. But today I picked up a smith&wesson M&P .45 and man that thing felt great fits in a smaller hand nice. just my :signbummer8tl:
Joe

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

That must be nice SJ oh look I have a new gun in a box I forgot I had :) The only thing i don't like on sigs is the wood grips

Shoot-it, I have lots of guns still in the box I've never used. So when I go back through them there's always a surprise. This particular sig is 20+ years old and doesn't have wood grips.

Time waits for no one--

#15 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

that must be nice SJ kind like christmas morning :)

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

Johnny, I bought them all hoping to either use them or sell them but California is so screwed up I can't really do either. So someday my relatives can deal with them.

Time waits for no one--

#17 autocrosser78

autocrosser78

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, and everything gun related.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

Why cant you sell them? I would probably be interested in another p220

#18 Moonclip

Moonclip

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

I have a P239 in 9x19, I actually prefer it to my P225 (not P6) and to other Sig Sauer pistols I have owned or shot. The grip frame is fairly slim which some may or may not like. It is very accurate and reliable, I need to eventually locate some extra,reasonably priced 8rd factory magazines for it.

#19 SOcal

SOcal

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

The Sig is a very refined weapon, so smooth, great fit and finish and solid to shoot. The XD on the other hand is more like a workhorse. I have had over 3k rounds or various types of ammo through my 5" 45 and have never ever had a single issue. I personally shoot the XD better, but like the 226 more overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users