Photo

Eating acorns can be hazardous to your health.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

I'm amazed at the number of times something like this happens. I had spent the morning hunting a canyon that always produces a good number of ground squirrels, and had put my stuff away in the rig. I was getting ready to drive over to another area, when I look up and spot this guy sitting on his front porch, on the side of an old hollow oak tree, munching on an acorn. I grabbed the rifle and bipod out of my 4Runner, put the range finder on him and got right at 40 yards. I'm sighted in dead on at 55 yards, so holding a bit low, I put the crosshair on his belly and squeezed off the shot. Instant lights out. B) It's best to stay away from those acorns and/or stay the heck off the front porch. Especially during a live fire exercise. :roflmao3[1]:http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,389 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

It's a good thing I don't like acorns myself. B) They give you a stomach and headache if eaten to fast. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

They can also, on occasion, cause a hole to suddenly appear in your chest, letting out all the good stuff. :roflmao3[1]: B)
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,389 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

I know what it is. Their crunching of the acorns while they're eating them attracts fast moving projectiles trying release the chewed acorn matter. B) B) :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

Head drop and tumble while still holding it's lunch great shot is that .117 cal

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,389 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

That what that is the stop drop and roll! :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Head drop and tumble while still holding it's lunch great shot is that .117 cal

It's the RWS Rapier in .22. It sure knocks the snot out of these guys. :roflmao3[1]:

#8 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

That what that is the stop drop and roll! :roflmao3[1]:

I think he choked on that acorn. I center punched one that was chewing on an acorn one time, and he spit the thing 6 feet. Unfortunately it was before I was using a video camera. Man that was funny. B)

#9 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

Hollywood stunt man couldn't have done better! :roflmao3[1]:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users