3 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

I have been heading out to the 'duct instead of hunting for the summer. (better be a TON of little pups ready for me come the end of summer!) Anyway, it has been fun. If you are close to the dict go out and give it a try. I am having the best luck with anchovy. (chicken liver has been working for the cats and small stripped bass, but the bigger stripes have all been on 'chovy. Some recent pics...Attached File  IMG_5073.JPG   59.43KB   67 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5071.JPG   51.97KB   68 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5006.JPG   19.04KB   67 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5003.JPG   21.68KB   62 downloads

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

Those look like good eating size.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

They all got released. It has been so long since I cleaned a fish I don't even remember how! I think most/all of those could have been kept, there is an 18 inch minimum at the aqueduct. The first pics is of a beast I caught tonight. He looks small in the pic but that boy was a chunk. What a fight! :aggressive: I have caught a bunch of catfish out there too. Nothing really big yet... but they are out there. They even come in "mini" size :rolleyes: Attached File  IMG_5067.JPG   64.79KB   56 downloads

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

Have you tried the delta mendota ? thats the smaller canal next to the aquaduct they are in there to. Fun place you can fish from your truck. Stripers are fun. need to get some flies tied for them.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users