15 replies to this topic

#1 DesertTom

DesertTom

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

On 3-25 I ordered a Burris Euro Diamond 2.5-10x44 scope for a new Remington stainless '06'. I got the scope on 4-1. Boy did I get April Fooled. The scope had a small fiber on the inside, gust above the left side of the of the horizonal cross hair. What a major disappointment, this is a $568 scope. I sent the scope back for a refund. Then I wrote Burris a letter on 4-4 telling them how disappointed I was. I got my money back, but have not got a reply from Burris. Has any one else had a problem with a Burris?

#2 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

That is a disappointment. I was considering the Burris XTR for my modular repeating rifle... (this hasn't scared me away - I'm just on the fence with which to get for it)

#3 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

I think that once in awhile small glitches like that happen to every manufacturer. That's why we pay for warranties, so that if something happens it gets straightened out. I had a 1-4X Leupold II that after the first range session on my 375 H&H the horizontal wire developed a little tag that stuck up right next to the verical crosshair. Sent it back to Leupold under warranty and got it fixed.That hasn't scared me off Leupies, I have a 2.5-8X VX-III on the 375 right now and yesterday ordered a new 6.5-20X VX-III for my 6.5x284.

#4 DesertTom

DesertTom

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

I do have 3 Fullfield II scopes and they have done fine. was a bummer that the Euro Diamond was defective.

#5 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

I bought a Fullfield II also and I couldn't be more pleased with it. It is easily the best scope for the money that I have ever owned.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,655 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

I have a few of the Burris Short Mag scopes with the Ballistic Plex reticles and they are GREAT!

#7 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

How come you didn't just ask for a replacement?

#8 DesertTom

DesertTom

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Optics Planet was out of the scopes and did not know when they would get more.

#9 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

I think I have 5 Fullfield II ,one on my .17 rides on my quad every day and still no problems, I'v had good luck with Burris,,,Craig :censored[1]:

#10 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience.I have 5 Burris scopes one being about 27 years old and love them all.I do have a Euro Diamond for just over a year now it is the 3X12 X50 with the ballistic plex and like it so much I will be buying one for the 30-338 I am taking to Colorado on my Elk and Deer hunt this Year.Just lucky ? but I would give Burris another chance , just my humble opinion.

#11 cliff

cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

Burris Fullfield II scopes are made in the Phillipines, and the one I had, 3-9x40mm, worked just fine with great clarity. I gave it to my son for use on his AR-15, after I'd logged many 10x hits at 100 yards. Euro Diamonds I'm not familiar with because of the price. Maybe a Nikon Monarch would be more to your liking in that price range. cliff

#12 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

On 3-25 I ordered a Burris Euro Diamond 2.5-10x44 scope for a new Remington stainless '06'. I got the scope on 4-1. Boy did I get April Fooled. The scope had a small fiber on the inside, gust above the left side of the of the horizonal cross hair. What a major disappointment, this is a $568 scope. I sent the scope back for a refund. Then I wrote Burris a letter on 4-4 telling them how disappointed I was. I got my money back, but have not got a reply from Burris. Has any one else had a problem with a Burris?

It sounds like someone from Quality Control from the Burris factory ate too much rice at lunchtime & got sleepy or they lowered the age to work in the QC Dept. to 7 years old. Seriously, Burris has got a decent reputation and it sounds like you just got stuck w/ a flop. If I were in you're shoes I would be thankful that I got my money back rather than a repair.I don't know of one product that is perfect, 100% of the time with the exception of Coors Light.BTW - The fact that you wrote them about you're experience and you got nothing back, (nearly a month later) would be a thorn in my side and a deciding factor w/ future optic purchases.Good Luck.:flag:

#13 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

........I don't know of one product that is perfect, 100% of the time with the exception of Coors Light.

I haven't had one that tasted right yet! :flag:

#14 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

How come you didn't just ask for a replacement?

I was just going to ask the same thing!

Optics Planet was out of the scopes and did not know when they would get more.

Sorry to hear that, did you try SWFA?

#15 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:27 AM

That sucks about that particular scope. Burris is all that I have used on all my rifles for as long as I can remember. I did have to send one back about 5 years ago, and it was handled with no issues.

#16 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

Have a bunch of Burris scopes. Some are about 30 yrs old & no probs. :hellohello9il:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users