12 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:26 AM

i want to get a slug barrel for my 870 and mossburg makes them but i dont know. its cheaper for sure so what do u all think thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:14 AM

Will it fit the Remington 870? Th reason I didn't get a slug barrel myself was it was almost the price of a new rifle. But if you are hunting in shotgun only then I understand. I shoot my 20 gauge Remington 870 with Federal rifled slugs and I can hit an 8 inch plate at 200 yards with it. Have you tried the rifled slugs for your shotgun?

#3 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

no not yet, i need to get a more open choke, i have mod which came with it and i just bought a full choke. the mossburg barrel is made for the 870 ive seen them for 150$ which is cheaper but i wasnt sure. i want the slug barrel for just shooting slugs not sure. thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

i shoot slugs with a mod choke it works great for me.

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

I get about 6" group out of my 870 and it has a full choke. Try the rifled slugs first. Slugs are fun :aggressive:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

slugs with a full choke. and a mod choke?? i was told u cant do that my bulge the barrrel. ok well maybe i try it though the mod but not sure about the full choke though thx robert

#7 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

My brother takes a white tail every year in NY with a 12ga Browning 30" full choke and slugs. Has shot one between the eyes using just the bead on the barrel. Full isn't the first choice but it will work.

#8 gandhi

gandhi

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

I got one of those Mossburg combo deals, (rifled barrel with cantilever scope mount and Burris scope.) I think I paid about $160 for it last year. I purchased this for hog hunting in shotgun only areas. It fits the 870 very well, and I LOVE the increased accuracy of the Sabot slug.

#9 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

It fits the 870 very well,

Really ? I had no idea the Mossburg and Remington barrels were interchangeable. All of them or just certain models and gages?

#10 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

Mossberg makes a barrel designed to fit the Rem. 870. The standard Mossberg 500 or 835 barrels do not fit any other Makes or Models of guns.

#11 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

Thank you

#12 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

yes, mossburg makes it for the 870. i wasnt sure if it worked any good though so, i was just checking lol robert

#13 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

so shoot slugs out of my mod choke will be okay?? then i cant wait to try it :roflmao3[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users