• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

I just couldn't wait to get my call to post a pic of it. Braz hooked me up with a truely one of a kind custom howler.I can't wait to hear it. Thanks a million Lynn! :1rock1oo:Sorry folks, looks like the pic didn't come thru.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Don't know what happened. Here is the call I made for Matt. Like he said, a one of a kind. Attached File  1.jpg   11.66KB   10 downloads
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Where is the picture?

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

Looks like we were replying at the same time. cool call !!

#5 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

It's up to Matt to explain the significance and why he wanted it.
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

A buddy of mine is an ECV Howler and he invited me to become one. The "Howlin'" is a special, invitation only event and I wanted a special call for the ocasion. Once I'm a Howler this call will forever hang on my vest like a badge of honor.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

What is ECV?
Sheldon

#8 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

Are you pullin' my leg? I thought all country boys knew about the clampers. You ever see a saloon full of guys wearing red shirts and black vests that are covered in pins and patches? Just google E Clampus Vitus and you can get an idea of what ECV is about. The computer wont tell you about the fun stuff we do though! :roflmao3[1]:

#9 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hey Braz! Do you make a closed reed howler? I can't operate one of those open reeds to save my life! Looked at some howlers at Bass Pro shops but I'm tired of the mass produced calls. They all sound the same. I currently use an e-caller for howling but switch to a closed reed for distress calling. Now that I have your Double reed caller, it'll be even better. Let me know please :roflmao3[1]:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#10 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

NICE!!!
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#11 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

[quote name='fiveflat' date='Apr 21 2008, 05:06 PM' post='80910']What is ECV Your not from around here are you ! :drinks: Real nice call.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#12 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

Nope don't make a closed reed howler. Not sure how to do it, as you have to move the reed in and out to change the pitch, and don't know how you would do that with a closed reed.
Handmade Calls by Braz

#13 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

The harder you blow into them the higher the pitch gets. They're great for barks and basic howls but you can't do the really fast pitch changes like you can with an open reed. I have a Knight and Hale you can copy.......why not, they'd do it. :roflmao3[1]:

#14 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

Hey Braz, the call made it home today. It looks even better in person! :aggressive:

#15 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

What is ECV?

Fiveflat its a organized drinking club.

#16 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Fiveflat its a organized drinking club.

Actually, it's more of a drinking historical society than a historical drinking society. Many of the roadside historical landmarks throughout California were established by the Clampers. Not to mention the community service and volunteer work... Here's a channel 3 news clip of one of their more recent monuments:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#17 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

Actually, it's more of a drinking historical society than a historical drinking society. Many of the roadside historical landmarks throughout California were established by the Clampers. Not to mention the community service and volunteer work... Here's a channel 3 news clip of one of their more recent monuments:

Great find Wes. :signs1180lq: Glad to see some good news press about the Ancient and Honorable Order.

#18 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:52 AM

Great find Wes. :hellohello9il: Glad to see some good news press about the Ancient and Honorable Order.

Here's another find regarding the ECV plaque relocation & dedication I was at a week ago:http://www.kdrv.com/...e.aspx?id=29060

#19 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

Another good one. It would have been cool if they showed the actual dedication.

#20 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

They were supposed to be at the dedication but the film crew didn't show up. It was a much bigger turnout than I anticipated with well over 100 people there. The local historical society came out, along with some of the people from the community, and one woman who said she was there for her 90 year old dying father who's been a Clamper for some 60+ years. She said he was in the hospital and couldn't make it so he asked her to be there to represent him. I wish that could have made the news...

#21 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

I was inducted into the Howlers Socioty this weekend. We all had a great time. Here's a pic of the call hanging from my vest.Posted Image

#22 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

:crazy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users