Photo

Oysters, clams, squid............Bushmills & beer!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

So........the wife went up to Seattle with her family for a Celtic Woman show. I was supposed to be on my way to Phoenix to help my daughter move up to Seattle but they had postpone the move I found myself sitting here at home for the weekend. I headed out early yesterday and headed into Portland to the Uwajimaya Asian supermarket and picked up a bunch of oysters, a couple of pounds of clams, including a few cherrystones, and some fresh squid. A loaf a fresh baked sourdough was picked up at a bakery on the way home. I started eating the oysters and washing them down with Bushmills while I prepared steamed the clams and deep fried the squid and the 3 cherrystones. The clams, squid and cherrystones were washed down with a couple of ice cold Kirin beers. I vaguely remember watching some tv but I would be hard pressed to tell you what shows. The Bushmill and the beers kinda put me to sleep.My wife is going to Nashville for an Optometrist conference next weekend and I backed out of that for the same reason. I may just have to do it all over again only this time with just oysters fixed several different ways. It snowed here Saturday and the weather has been miserable or I'd be making plans for fishing or sage rats but I'll just be content to suffer like this. lol

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

If I lived closer, I'd come visit you and suffer too. :signs1242cn:

#3 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

Hrm oysters... and you were alone? :signs1242cn:

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

:signs1242cn: There are some good oysters up north too.

#5 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

fiveflat.........That reminds me. I had a couple of very close friends, both passed on, now, that I met in Alaska. We were working for a company back east and I was visiting them in Portland, Maine. Jack and I drove down to the waterfront and picked up two 6 lb lobsters (yes, that IS big) and a couple dozen blue point oysters for dinner. Jack's wife, Lynn, was allergic to shellfish so we got her a nice steak. Jack was teasing Lynn about the effects of the oysters and was jokingly asking me if I would leave right after dinner. Lynn joked right back and said the effects of oysters was highly overrated. She told me the last time Jack went into town and ate a dozen oysters only 9 of them worked. I told her that they were probably the fast acting oysters and the first 3 went off in his hand before he could make it home. lol

#6 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Moe - :signs1242cn:

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

Vioyster! :signs1242cn:

#8 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

Man.......I hadn't thought about those two in quite a while. Shortly after that visit Jack died of cancer there in Maine. Lynn went home to Wyoming and whithered away with a broken heart. Good to recall a good time with them instead of the bad.

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Yep, remember the good times with old friends, and don't thing of the other. Good times rock.

#10 TheJester357

TheJester357

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

Moe, We must shop at the same stores. I spent the weekend eating fresh rock bass we speared at the Barview jetty, and Clams we dug by the coast guard station dock at Garabaldi. We shot R&R till the wee hours and woke up with empty tanks and empty bottles. Must be something in the water up here....... :roflmao3[1]: Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users