2 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

I have some satellite broadheads with 2 blades and I was wondering how your supposed to tune them? I am dead on at 25 yards but I am affraid that any farther they will start to stray. Aside from needing to find a place that I can shoot past 25 yards with broadheads what methods do you guys use to tune them to your arrow?

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

I may be mistaken but I believe to properly tune a two bladed broadhead you need four vane fletching. Somtimes I wonder just how important it really is to tune them anyway. The most accurate broadheads I've ever shot were some muzzy four bladed jobs and there was no way to tune them because my safts only wore three vanes.

#3 riobuster

riobuster

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:22 AM

Are you shooting a compound or recurve? you really have to shoot at the maximum yardage you plan to hunt to make sure they are going to go where you want. I think most people use 3 vanes these days and once you glue the insert into a carbon arrow you can't reheat it to rotate the broadhead like we used to do with aluminum or wood. If your arrows are wandering at the longer yardages then you'll probably want to switch to a different type of head or you can limit your shots to 25 yards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users