6 replies to this topic

#1 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

I got my Jeep back and I cannot put the rear window back in due to both zippers missing. I called the dealership they said in order to replace the zippers I have to buy the whole window unit at a cost of $227. Or I can go to a Upholster and have new zippers put in also $$$. I was wonder where I can find or purchase some new/used ones. Or if anyone has a old soft top lying around that they are not using that I could get the zippers off of. The Jeep has a alarm on it but I would feel better having the window back in thanks. 04 Jeep wrangler Rubicon.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,161 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

I used to drive a CJ5 with a soft top. Any decent upholsterer can put new zippers in for you. They should have no trouble finding and installing them. I had all sorts of repairs done to mine and they usually worked better than the factory parts.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

Buy a Toyota... :D

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Buy a Toyota... :D

:D Problem solved got a sister-in-law going to send me a brand new top in the box. She never used it. Just kept the hardtop on her jeep and she is going to trade it in now.

#5 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

Look up a Company called " BestTop" they make replacement windows and tops for lots of SUV's. I got an OEM replacement for my Tracker, for alot less than the Dealer.. Good luck !
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#6 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

Thanks I will take the freebee from the inlaws. :D

#7 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

Buy a Toyota... :signs653wf:

Dude! Enough with the Toyota's already! My neighbor just bought one of those FJ Cruisers with all the gizmos and it's even lifted with the big tires. Now he's afraid to follow me into the rocks because he'll scratch the damned thing. It's become the typical California 4x4. All looks and no action!!! :signs653wf: What a waste of money. He should've saved his money and bought an older Jeep TJ.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users