• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

I know some of you guys or gals have bought Braz's calls and seem to like them alot. I'm here to tell you that I will probably never buy a mass produced call again!!! If all his calls are like the one I just got, he should sell thousands of them and knock off those mass producers! I just received my Double reed call this morning in the mail. First is the service-got the call in 2 days! He sent it to me before receiving any kind of payment-talk about trust! Second is the craftsmanship of his calls-beautiful work! Mine has that camo look to it which is sooo beautiful, I'm almost afraid to take it hunting. Last but not least is the way it sounds-combining the sound of a jack and cottontail rabbit, all in one! While on my lunch break, I decided to practice with the call behind one of nearby buildings that is close to Montgomery Field airport here in San Diego. My boss came out when he heard me calling and said "it sounds like something dieing a horrible death". As soon as he said that I told him to turn and look across the fence and tell me what he sees. This city born coyote came over to see what was for lunch not more than 30 yards away. My sissy (non-hunter) boss ran back into the building. If only it was legal to shoot yotes in the city limits! If any of you predator hunters are tired of the same old sounds your calls are making, give Braz's calls a try-especially the new Double reed model! Way to go Braz! :)
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#2 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

I agree, Braz does great work on his calls ! I havent had an oppurtunity to use my Double reed yet but will give any results I get on it.. Glad you are happy with your call ! Keep up the Callin...
Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.

#3 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

I was up on Tribal grounds this afternoon checking on the turkey flocks :D but I couldn't find any which is strange because no one hunts the birds up there unless you have Tribal permission (rarely given even to tribe members). Standing under this huge oak, I pulled out my new double reed and began calling just to see if anything would be interested (can't hunt any predators unless your property is in danger from them). Anyhow, a beautiful Bobcat came out from behind. This call works purrfectly. That cat must have weighed 25-30 pounds. No wonder the turkeys weren't around. I wish I had my camera but it would've been gone by the time I got it out. I almost forgot what it's like to just stand and observe an animal without shooting it. Now it's time to put the call away till the coyotes are ready. I can't wait :D !
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#4 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

I too got one of Braz's new double reed calls, not only is it a great peice of craftsmanship, it has a fantastic sound you'll never get in even the best production calls. I probably have over 50 calls, but the only ones I use anymore are the five I got from Braz. There are no better. Thanks again Braz,,,Craig

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Wow, what can I say. Thanks for the accolades guys. It is much appreciated.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

Wow, what can I say. Thanks for the accolades guys. It is much appreciated.

You deserve it Braz. Just keep up the :signs653wf: !!! I'm sure I'll be back for more of your awesome calls!

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:29 AM

Braz will do just about anything custom you could want too. He patientley put up with all my nit-picking when I had him custom make my crow call.Posted ImageAs you can see, it works!Just the other day I mentioned to him that I was thinking about getting a custom call made up in red and black for an ECV event called "the Howlin' " and within an hour or so he sent me a message with pics of different toneboards, bodystyles, and some ideas of what kinds of wood/plastic combos that would make a nice looking call. I gave him my input and tossed in a couple ideas and before I knew it he sent me the pics of an almost done call! That's the kind of service that keeps customers coming back for more.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#8 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hey Matt, you didn't mention your special 10gauge crow call. :signs653wf:Attached File  1.jpg   11.75KB   16 downloads
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Oh yeah! I'd sent Braz a few 10ga hulls so he could make some predator calls out of them. I'd mentioned how cool it would be to get a crow call made from one of my shells that I actually shot a crow with but we weren't sure if it could be done. About a month later, out of the blue I got a package with my crow call....no charge! How can you beat that?Braz, I got my double reed call in the mail today. That thing sounds great and has some serious volume! I can't wait til the yote pups are grown up enough to fend for themselves. All that volume is going to be great for the wide open high desert sagebrush flats that I like to hunt. My old favorite Circe call is getting retired!
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#10 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Just received my Dual Reed call from BRAZ. Not only is it beautiful, but it sounds great and takes very little effort to use. I anticipate getting a few coyotes with it. If you want a great sounding and good looking call that has a very unique sound to it, I recommend the Dual Reed call. Can't wait to use it!!BRAZ was a pleasure to deal with.Frank

#11 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

any pics of this double reed call?

#12 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

Yep, here's a couple.Attached File  1.jpg   13.34KB   18 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   13.71KB   16 downloads
Handmade Calls by Braz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users