• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:47 AM

Well, I am assembling all the parts for my lower. Got my 3-pound Timney trigger assembly, Bushnell 4 X 16 X 40 illuminated reticle scope, raised scope mount rail, scope rings, DMPS lower parts kit, Command Arms G-27 Tactical Grip with Inside Grip Storage, DPMS AR-15 Accu-Wedge , Black, ACE Skeleton Buttstock 9.9" , DPMS Multi-Tool AR-15 Steel & the AR assembly book. My lower will be picked up on Monday afternoon. I can see how it would be easy to get hooked by the AR building bug because there are so many options with respect to calibers and goodies.The suckie part is that I won't be seeing my RRA Predator Pursuit upper for about 6-weeks. That will give me plenty of time to assemble the lower and daydream about how well I hope this rig is going to shoot.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#2 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:12 AM

It'll only take you 1 hour to assemble your lower.... Then you have 5 weeks, 6 days and 23hours to sit and wait. LOLMy upper better be sitting on my front porch when I get home this afternoon! W00T!!!!
Sheldon

#3 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

:roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: Fiveflat, you lucky ^%$#. Well, at least I will have plenty of time to build up my honey-do credits so when the big day comes, I can get out to shoot it. Good luck with yours. What make upper is it?
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#4 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

yeahoo!! UPS's website says it's delivered and on my porch.It's a White Oak Armament with fluted stainless barrel and done up in Mossy Oak. Along with a Mossy Oak buttstock and grip.
Sheldon

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

First one to Sheldon's house gets a new gun. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

*cough* *cough* "Um, yea... Mr. Boss - I'm not feeling well this afternoon. Can I go home?"
Sheldon

#7 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

:roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: Fiveflat, you lucky ^%$#. Well, at least I will have plenty of time to build up my honey-do credits so when the big day comes, I can get out to shoot it. Good luck with yours. What make upper is it?

I've been waiting for my Stag upper for three weeks with no specific delivery date known. I called Stag and they said that there was a six working day back order and that my dealer had an order in that would be filled before mine and suggested I just wait for the dealer to receive the upper. I also have the Timney trigger and you will love it. This stuff is getting hard to find and the prices are going up. If anyone is considering a black gun now is the time to do it.
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Well I'm glad to hear that about the Timney trigger assembly. I was mulling over several different options and I finally decided on the Timney because I have their triggers in just about every rifle I own. I gulped on the price but I have always regretted the bargain stuff I bought.

#9 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Yep, they are SAWEET! Still waiting on Woodog to get his other one, so I can put his extra Timney in my AR. :D I'm currently using JP enterprises yellow springs. They improved the trigger pull quite a bit. I would guess somewhere around 4-5lbs, but a lot of creep. It was originally 8.2 lbs with the factory springs. I guess these springs are not good on military ammo that needs more of a hammer strike, but I just shoot hunting ammo, so no worries.The Timney though, is a clean crisp 3lbs that breaks like glass.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#10 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

They are great triggers I have one in my ar...I have the skeleton one... Just great...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#11 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

My gunsmith in Riverside works on AR-15/M-16 triggers for the law enforcement and military Special Forces. There is no slop or creep in his triggers and they all break crisply at 3-31/2 lbs. He also builds custom rifles of any caliber if needed. He does all the work by himself so you know who's hands have been on your weapon. He's totally redone my CZ 527 customizing the bolt handle, installed a muzzle brake (hand made), custom target crown and reworked my trigger to break at 2 lbs. PM me if you want his name and phone number.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#12 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:45 AM

fak... do you know what he charges for AR trigs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users