2 replies to this topic

#1 Realbadlarry

Realbadlarry

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

Got a sweet deal on a B&L 4000 4-16/50mm, need to mount it on my rock river flat top upper for my AR15. What rings to use. Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Mounts , seem to look pretty strong but are $125. Can't figure out what height to get for the mounts. Super High or High? Does anyone have a 50mm on a flat top upper and what mounts did you use? Any help would be great.

#2 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

I'd look at the Warne rings, about $45 and are strong. You may have to do some math to get the correct height. A riser block may be necessary. Measure the OD, Outside Diameter, of the Objective Bell and divide by 2, answer = "X"."X" minus .500 (if 1" tube diameter) = minimum ring height."X" minus .591 (if 30mm tube diameter) = mimimum ring height. Ring height is usually measured from "Top of Base" to "Bottom of Scope Tube".I think the math is right, but I am going from memory, and it is late.The "Super High" may be OK to get correct "height over bore", 1.5" nominal, but comb height on the AR15's is higher than most bolt rifles and comfort is another factor.

#3 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:03 AM

Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Mounts , seem to look pretty strong but are $125. Can't figure out what height to get for the mounts. Super High or High? Does anyone have a 50mm on a flat top upper and what mounts did you use? Any help would be great.

If you are looking at he tactical mount they only seem to come in mediumm and extra high Mark 4 1-inch Medium 0.84" Matte - 60595 Mark 4 1-inch Super High 1.40" Matte - 60019 I bought the medium and with out a riser they are to short. I went with B Square's integrated riser and rings. If you go the riser and seperate rings route I have the medium mark 4 rings for$70 in the classifieds Good Luck Robert
Rocklin,Ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users