Photo

ANyone else have problems with the Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 5575 arrows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

I am shooting the goldtip expedition hunter 5575 arrow and every time I pull them out of a hay bail the hay is practically fused to the arrow and wont come off. Have you had similar experiences? What can be dome to clean them off? Or are these faulty? Thanks in advance. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#2 archerjohn

archerjohn

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I BOW HUNT AND I ALSO HUNT WITH A 17 & 243 FOR PREDATORS ,PIG AND DEER

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

I to shot the gold tip 5575 arrows an the only time that has happend to me is shooting into block target for broadhead practice then into bails i shot at 322 fps foam bolcks melt to arrows then when i shoot at bails it heats up like hot melt gule an hay sticks to arrow i make sure arrows are clean after shooting the block buy wipping with lighter fluid some target shooters lube arrows with teflon hope this helps

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

Thanks I also wrote Gold Tip and this was there reply."They are not faulty. The best thing you can do is put some arrow lube on the arrows. Woody’s is the best I have found or even a little bar soap rubbed on the shaft keeps it from sticking. The camo shafts are much worse for this. You can just scrape it off with a dull knife with no problems. Black Magic Silicone Tire Wet is good also. Tim GillinghamNational Shooting Staff Manager"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users