2 replies to this topic

#1 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

i bought a new ar15 in 1998 and when sb23 passed instead of registering it when my dad moved to washington in 2000 it moved with him.now my dad is reaching his 70's and his heath is poor i need to get it back.what do i do to it to make it ca. legal,all its doing in washington is sitting in a gun safe.does anyone know for sure i hear so many different answers.i dont even know if it can or should be done.this is a brand new bushmaster carbine with a 16 inch h bar target barrel. has had only 100 rounds put through it.anyone wanna tackle this question?
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

OK if it says Bushmaster (not the carbon 15) on the lower receiver it is banned by name in California. You cannot bring that lower receiver into the state. What you can do is buy a different brand lower receiver (about $150 plus tax and DROS) and take off the parts off the bushmaster lower and put them all on the new lower. You really should go over to www.calguns.net and read the OLL FAQ's
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

thanx i will check it out.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users