• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

Well I decided to build my AR from parts rather then a prefabed upper. Got ever ything except the barrel and that should arrive tomorrowHere is what I have so far.Robert

Attached Files

Rocklin,Ca

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:19 AM

Good for you! Don't forget the gas block, gas tube, gas tube pin, forearm, barrel nut, etc. :roflmao3[1]: It gets addicting doesn't it?:signs1180lq:
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

the Gas Block come withthe barrel the Gas tube was extra I ordered that, I have the forearm and the barrel nut came with the free float barrel I believe. Not sure about the gas tube pin? I hopw it is something I can get local in Sacramento as I am leaving Friday to go to Cedarville and really want to take th is gun with me Rober t
Rocklin,Ca

#4 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

Dont forget to take me hunting with you, most important thing of all! :roflmao3[1]:
KILLEM ALL, LET GOD SORTEM OUT!!!

#5 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

"Everybodys doin' it!"
Sheldon

#6 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

The gas tube pin is a small roll pin that locks the gas tube into the gas block.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#7 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

Good deal, Robert. Anyone know where to get small AR parts? Like the detent spring for the butt stock?
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,197 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

I think you pretty much have to get any AR parts of of this state. MidwayUSA and Brownells have parts.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#9 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Could not wait left work early today to see if th brown truck delivered my package. When I got home it was on the front porch. :smiley-funny-post-sign: Then I take the package inside and open it. :signlol2iu: no gas block as ordered and of course the place is already closed for the day. So I get my upper and lower out of the safe with the forearm. I go to try and mount the barrel and the barrel nut will not fit over the barrel. :1019: So I call the company I bought the forearm from and the salesman gives me to one of the guys in the backl that assembles guns. I tell him my problem and he says you can ream the opeinng I ask how exact does it need to be and he says just dont over do it: LOL The opening measure .98 and the barrel is 1.045. I take a dremel to it and about 45 minutes of nail biting and dremeling. I then polished the inside and it fit tight over the barrel and the barrel nut screwed on nicely. Can't even tell I reamed the opening. So I assembled the barrel and the free float forearm so here it is with out the gas block. I am goign to call first thing in the am and if they will not overnight on their dime I found one from riflegear in southern California for half the price and I will just pay to overnight it so I can get it together Wednesday and take it to the range Thursday before leaving for Cedarville Friday AM RobertOh yeah Fjold it did come with the gass tube pin :D

Attached Files

Rocklin,Ca

#10 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

Good deal, Robert. Anyone know where to get small AR parts? Like the detent spring for the butt stock?

Jeff, Other than ordering like shooter John mentioned you other option is to attend a gun show. the two I have been to locally uasually had someone selling misc. AR Parts. Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#11 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

SHARP! Be sure to give us a range report!
Sheldon

#12 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

Jeff, Other than ordering like shooter John mentioned you other option is to attend a gun show. the two I have been to locally uasually had someone selling misc. AR Parts. Robert

Yea, but then you pay $8+ to attend a crappy gun show for a .10 part. It's looking good...loooong barrel :signs1242cn:
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#13 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

But Jeff, you can buy Jerky, antiques and dolls too at most of them LOL I usually go looking for a few items so it makes it worth the effort. Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#14 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

Well not real happy with range report. finally got it to settle into sub moa not great but workable. I was using the loads I worked up for my savage. I think i will work on it some more. Good thing is it worked and it is close enough to thump some squeeks it is loading in th e gun case and ready for the trip to cedarville in the am. I will let you know how it works on the squeeks :) have a good weekend everyone Robert
Rocklin,Ca

#15 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:55 AM

have a good time, Robert. Keep a death count.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users