• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

I was at the range this morning (too warm to hunt) and noticed a guy shooting a Tikka .223 with a tactical scope mounted that I've never seen before. It was a Barska 6-24x44 SWAT extreme tactical model with illuminated reticles. During the cease fire, he let me look thru it and I thought it had pretty darn good clear optics. He had it on the 20 power setting and it looked really clear. I was shocked when he told me what he paid for it because I was guessing in the $600-$700 range. He said he paid $250 for it online!Anyone out there have one of these scopes or used one before? I might put one on my wife's Savage .223! She complains about not being able to see her reticles in low light and this scope has 11 power levels for the reticles.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

Barska is considered a cheapy . You might get a good scope or not.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

You might it a good one or not type.

??????

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

??????

was edited

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

You might get a good scope or not one or not .

How about one more edit. Oh heck I'll do it. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

I was going to ask if he posted that last night on his way home from the local watering hole!

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

:roflmao3[1]: :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--

#8 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

My buddy has one on his mini 14 and it is very clear and holds its zero. But I'm in the group that says you get what you pay for most of the time.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#9 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

It wasn't that funny you guys laugh at anything. :roflmao3[1]:

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

Yes it was. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#11 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

You guys are too funny :roflmao3[1]: ! What the heck-the scopes' going on the wifes' rifle anyway. Maybe she'll be happy with the lit up reticles and stop complaining about her scope. She loves shooting at golf ball sized rocks at over 100 yards before we head for home from our last stand. She's got a cheap Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 that she's tired of so I'll see what she can do with a little more magnification.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#12 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

Yes it was. :roflmao3[1]:

I thought we were a riot!

#13 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

I base my opinion on the fact that I bought one, I paid $49 for a tactical Barska and let me tell ya, its junk! The clarity was horrible. All my other scopes are quality (Leopold Var XII, Bushnell Elite 3200, and a really nice Simons) and for whatever reason I was possesed and I bought this scope, I regret it. :roflmao3[1]:
KILLEM ALL, LET GOD SORTEM OUT!!!

#14 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Well, the Barska SWAT 6-24x44 Extreme Tactical scope came in yesterday and today, the wife and I spent some time at Project 2000 indoor range dialing in her scope. Wow, for an inexpensive scope, it's optics are very clear. An indoor range's lighting is not the optimal illumination for high powered scopes but the optics are very bright even on it's highest setting of 24. At 100 yards, there is no need to bring a spotting scope to the range any more. Even her .17hmr bullet strikes were easily seen with this scope (observed her hits with her .223 from the ajoining booth). The lighted up reticles are going to be a welcome addition for her in the low light hours. After we set zero at 1.4 inches above bullseye at 100 yards (Hornady 55 gr. V-max) for her "200 yard zero" and adjusting the turrets to zero settings, I played with the turrets making several shots and returning to her "zero" to see if the impacts were in the same area. Again, for an inexpensive scope ($199 from Cabela's), this scope did not disappoint me. All impacts were at the "200 yard zero". Very nice! The only dislikes I have with the scope is that the lighted reticles have too many adjustments that are not needed and the scope sun shield it too long. Level 7 is so bright that it almost obscures the target. The sun shield is way too long at 6". I will probably have it machined down to 3-4". Other than those minor dislikes, my wifle loves her new scope and in fact has just came back into the house from outside saying that it works great in almost complete darkness on the lowest power. She says the lighted reticles in their Level 1 position "makes the local 7-Eleven punks easy to mark". :signs1180lq: I guess we shouldn't watch "Shooter" anymore! Well, that said, I might just buy another one to replace the Leapers Accu Shot scope that is on my Remington XR100. Anyone looking for an inexpensive but very good scope, get on of these. I don't think you'll be disappointed!!!

#15 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

Just think about that foxy babe you checked out at the club. She's kinda like a cheap scope. At first glance, she's everything you have been looking for but after you spend a bit of time with her you realize that when the makeup and linens drop, she really does not have what it takes for the distance relationship. That's because what's on the inside is more important. I'll bet if you turned on the reticle illumination in darkness, the inside of the scope tube would flood with light. That's what cheap scopes do. Good scopes only illuminate the reticle. Walk away from that China doll because she'll only hurt you in the end. (Sheet howdy.....I'm sure glad I took that romance novel writing course)
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

I thought those were beer goggles Red? :yikes[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#17 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

but they sure love you long time for only $5 dolla
Sheldon

#18 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:54 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image. You guys are too funny! I gotta figure out how to post pictures. There must be a way to reduce the size somewhere because it keeps telling me that the download item is too large. Anyhow, I wanted to post a photo of my wife with her kills from today. The desert was too hot so we went to some BLM land by Jacumba and I started by using an ecaller with no luck. I was hoping for a loner that was out wandering. When we moved our stand, I left the ecaller in the Jeep and used Braz's new Double reed call. This was at 0815hrs. The wife took a shot without letting me know and scared the C#$% out of me. She nailed a coyote at 197 yards. I told her to go get her coyote since I didn't see where she had shot. As soon as she picked it's leg up, I ranged her. I'm so proud of her!!! She later switched over to her .17HMR and killed two Jacks also before we headed home tonight. Me, I'm just glad she loves that Barska scope. I won't tell her what you guys said about her scope or we'll all be on her hit list. :censored[1]:

#19 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

I thought those were beer goggles Red? :roflmao3[1]:

Beer goggles, gin haze, tequila mist, God knows I've suffered from all of them....LOL
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#20 Rogue

Rogue

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

I have a Barska scope on my 204, it's the 6.5-20x50 varmit, clear as day and we don't need a spoting scope. Barska was made for the Russian Military and are a great scope, people have a hard time with them because they are cheap but I can tell you that it's clearer than my Bushnell sportview that's now in the trash. My buddie couldn't believe how clear it was and thought it had to be a 400.00 scope...nope, 60.00 on sale from Sports mans guide. I have a pair of Barska 10x40 binocs that are waterproof and won't fog, great for duck hunting.

#21 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

After we set zero at 1.4 inches above bullseye at 100 yards (Hornady 55 gr. V-max) for her "200 yard zero" and adjusting the turrets to zero settings, I played with the turrets making several shots and returning to her "zero" to see if the impacts were in the same area.

THis is good to hear. There is a review posted on the web by a gunsmith for a big city SWAT team that did a test of this scope i believe. The only problem he noted was about a 1" change in impact at 100 yds from changing the magnification from 6x to 24x from a locked rest. My brother has one of them but always leaves the magnification on 24x.Brant

I'm an airgunholic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users