8 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

ShooterJohn pointed these out to me awhile back and I thought I'd pass it on for you as well. These items make clean up a lot easier!http://www.sinclairi...o...&type=store

We undoubtedly have the widest selection of cleaning rod guides in the world. Our cleaning rod guides are machined from solid Delrin, which completely protects your action, barrel, and cleaning rod. Each “O” ring rod guide has a snout that seals the chamber with a silicone “O” ring. This keeps solvents from backing up into the action and dripping into the trigger area. This style of rod guide is available for over 1,000 different bolt action models and cartridge combinations. If we do not have a rod guide for your bolt action, we can probably make it if we have the necessary dimensions. These non-stocked rod guides are considered custom rod guides and are a few dollars extra (please allow 2 to 6 weeks). Measurements needed include bolt diameter, action make/model, and the cartridge).

Posted Imagehttp://www.sinclairi...o...&type=store

This item is a "must have" for cleaning your AR-15/M16. The Link separates the upper and lower assemblies, but holds them securely to allow easy breech access for bore cleaning using a Sinclair rod guide. Made of Delrin™ and stainless steel, it is virtually impervious to solvents. The Link uses the rear locking pin and rear locking pin hole and installs in

Posted Image

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Interesting. I guess if you use a patchworm, you wouldn't need this? The little stand-off piece....why not just pop the pivot pin out? Is it so you can have the rifle clamped on a cleaning mount?
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

Interesting. I guess if you use a patchworm, you wouldn't need this?

What is a patchworm?

Is it so you can have the rifle clamped on a cleaning mount?

Correct. I clamp my rifles in a gun vise when I am cleaning them.

#4 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

A patchworm is similar to a boresnake without the brush. PatchwormAs for clamping your rifles, that makes sense. I need to get me one. I usually just lay it on a towel on my workbench. <_<
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

As for clamping your rifles, that makes sense. I need to get me one. I usually just lay it on a towel on my workbench. <_<

Midway has one on sale.http://www.midwayusa.../...&t=11082005

Attached Files

#6 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for that link Heath! Sale expires on my birthday. So, being the thoughtful person I am, I forwarded that link on to my wife... <_<
Sheldon

#7 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

I just saw that in their cataloge....cool little tool...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,007 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

Instead of the patch worm I like the Otis setup as it has brushes you can pull through. You can make the patch worm your self with a piece of weedeater line melted on the end. That's what I used to use before buying the Otis setup with all of the extras.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for that link Heath! Sale expires on my birthday. So, being the thoughtful person I am, I forwarded that link on to my wife... :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Dang, you're sure thoughtful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users