8 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

My brother-in-law and I went out this evening for a few hours. (near Tejon) I ended up getting a small cat early on, using chicken liver. I switched to anchovy later and BAM! Got hit by a nice stripper, after that I got another stripper. Woo-hoo! My bro-in-law got 2 small cats. All in all, a great night spent with good people. Attached File  IMG_5003.JPG   21.68KB   62 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5006.JPG   19.04KB   59 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5002.JPG   24.32KB   56 downloads

#2 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

good job nice fish .that makes me want to go bait fishing to. I like to eat channel cats over other catfish. :signs1180lq:

#3 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

We didn't eat any of them... they all went back to live another day. All of them agreed to grow up some more and then eat some of my anchovy next summer. :signs1180lq: Those stripper sure are a kick. Those were my 2nd and 3rd ever. (and the largest fish I have ever caught)

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:55 PM

Now you have another habbit to spend mony on. :signs1180lq: :yikes[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

SSTTRRIIPPEERR :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: :yikes[1]: B)
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#6 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

Now you have another habbit to spend mony on.

I know! I must have spent a few hundred on fishing stuff in the past week. (and all I bought was dog poop) I got a pole at walmart and was pretty impressed, it is the Shakespear Tiger. (7 foot w/ reel and 12 pound line) The whole deal was $19, they also make a longer one for $24 but I did not see that until after I bought 2 of the others. I bought one and liked it, went back and got the sticker for using an extra pole and bought another pole. Now I can throw bait out and still play around with lures. When I get tired of that, I throw out the extra pole w/ bait and double my chances. If anyone needs a cheapo pole, I'd try that Tiger from walmart.

#7 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

Man you had me with the strippers. I was hoping to see some girlie pics. :drool: B)

#8 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

Them little guys a cute :drool: :pot: Na im just kidding bud. Hey at least you caught some thing.... Ever time i go to the river all i catch is a BUZZ......bud light B)

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

:hellohello9il: :pot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users