5 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

This one was a few pounds heavier than the other nights harvest he was only 15 ft away just outside the door eating some chicken scraps , it was about 1:30 am and he was sitting right in the light .First shot hit him square bettween the eye's as i reloaded he rolled down the same hill as his brother a few nights earlier did . As he kicked in pain i put one in for mercy and it was done Posted Imageall thats left is the real big one i quess thats the mother if it is she has 10 pounds on this one easy

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Nice! That gun has no trouble putting those critters down. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

What kind of gun is that?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

It's a Gamo. You can read about it from his previous post about the other raccoon.http://www.californi...?showtopic=7546

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

It did for a while john until i got the combo right , I hit both of these boys many times with what i though where solid vital organ kill shots but they would just run away to come back later . Even beeman crow mag pellets where useless then i switched to head shots with gamo hunter domed pellets and 2 shots 2 kills in my gun this combo groups a half dollor at 100ft consistant . As for no problem at under 40 ft with a good shot yes john but i'am sneaking up to only 10yrds from the side door i'am in total darkness while they eat in the light . head shots only = ethical kills from under 15 yrds are very possible still last night while i sleeped more bait was gone this morning . I love this gun it's a gamo varmint hunter 17 cal and worth every penny{$200} . with a crow mag pellet i have taken sqweeks from trees at 100 ft body shots to vitals {will post pic's after work} glad you boys like the raccoons . But i now have recieved permittion from a local bar owner to help remove feral cats in his yard and of course his land is bordering about 300 acres of state land he has a large amount of cats hassling his roosters and hens . He said the rats are also around if i care to take the time Plus my benji .22 cal discovery comes tommorow so now he can join the fun

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

:yikes[1]: :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users