5 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

This one was a few pounds heavier than the other nights harvest he was only 15 ft away just outside the door eating some chicken scraps , it was about 1:30 am and he was sitting right in the light .First shot hit him square bettween the eye's as i reloaded he rolled down the same hill as his brother a few nights earlier did . As he kicked in pain i put one in for mercy and it was done Posted Imageall thats left is the real big one i quess thats the mother if it is she has 10 pounds on this one easy

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Nice! That gun has no trouble putting those critters down. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

#3 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

What kind of gun is that?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

It's a Gamo. You can read about it from his previous post about the other raccoon.http://www.californi...?showtopic=7546

#5 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

It did for a while john until i got the combo right , I hit both of these boys many times with what i though where solid vital organ kill shots but they would just run away to come back later . Even beeman crow mag pellets where useless then i switched to head shots with gamo hunter domed pellets and 2 shots 2 kills in my gun this combo groups a half dollor at 100ft consistant . As for no problem at under 40 ft with a good shot yes john but i'am sneaking up to only 10yrds from the side door i'am in total darkness while they eat in the light . head shots only = ethical kills from under 15 yrds are very possible still last night while i sleeped more bait was gone this morning . I love this gun it's a gamo varmint hunter 17 cal and worth every penny{$200} . with a crow mag pellet i have taken sqweeks from trees at 100 ft body shots to vitals {will post pic's after work} glad you boys like the raccoons . But i now have recieved permittion from a local bar owner to help remove feral cats in his yard and of course his land is bordering about 300 acres of state land he has a large amount of cats hassling his roosters and hens . He said the rats are also around if i care to take the time Plus my benji .22 cal discovery comes tommorow so now he can join the fun

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

:yikes[1]: :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users