Photo

Rollin' down hill like a snowball headed for hell.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

As you can probably tell, I've been editing video clips from last weeks hunt. Here's another one. For some reason this one reminded me of a line from an old Merle Haggard song. I think the song was titled, "Are the Good Times Really Over for Good"? The line was, "rolling down hill like a snowball headed for hell". Well this guy was really truckin' when he blew by me. Sorry about the camera work, but I had to guess where he would reappear from behind that log on the left and missed by a little bit. You can't really tell in the video, but this guy was on the side of a very steep canyon wall. I knew if it was a clean kill, he would come tumbling down the hill, but the actual speed was a bit more than I expected. He was just under 50 yards away.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,579 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

He's definitely a roller. Sort of reminded me of the song Tumbling Tumbleweeds- by Hank Snow.See them tumbling down,Pledging their love to the ground!Lonely, but free, Ill be found,Drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds . . .

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hank Snow? I thought it was by the Son's Of The Pioneers. You may not be old enough to have heard of them. :harhar1[1]:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,579 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

I am but then Perry Como popularized it so I give up. :harhar1[1]:

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

Hank Snow? I thought it was by the Son's Of The Pioneers. You may not be old enough to have heard of them. :signs1180lq:

You mean the sidekicks of ( Please remove your stetsons for a moment of rememberance ) Roy Rogers, in the moving pictures??

#6 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

A17, Yep, Pardner. That's th ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users