3 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

Depending upon the squirrel's experience interfacing with man, the danger zone varies. I hunted a turkey ranch at one time where they were pretty much left alone and were very used to being around vehicles and the ranch hands. I was shooting them at 20 yards and closer.On the Tejon Ranch, they are warred on constantly by everyone. They have learned to run from vehicles and all approaching humans. The minimum magic distance that they have learned to head for their hidey holes seems to be around 40 yards or so. Sometimes they are gone for the duration, and sometimes they will pop their head back out to have a quick peek, like this one did. I saw this guy just about the time he dove down the hole. From past experience, I knew it was worth hanging out for a few minutes, because there was a good chance this guy would be back for a quick peek.He's at 44 yards, and just his head is sticking over the edge of an oak root at the right side base of the tree. The pellet entered on the bridge of his nose.http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

That sure knocked the snot out of him! :roflmao3[1]: You can tell you were pretty close by the flight time of the pellet. :yikes[1]:

#3 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

Nice . Anything with in 40 yrds for me. You made me whant to go shoot mine :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]:

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hey Peeker, break it out and go get some. Tis the season, and it's just getting started. :pirashoot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users